Windows 10: What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?

Discus and support What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? I am particularly interested in these services below but I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeonardJackson3, Nov 22, 2019.

1. What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?

What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? I am particularly interested in these services below but I should probably get info on all the disabled services.

Server

TCP/IP NetBios Helper

WebClient

Windows Search

Windows Time

Workstation

Leonard Jackson

:)

LeonardJackson3, Nov 22, 2019
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Need some help with disabling windows services

So i disabled some stupid services (print spooler, fast user switching, etc) in my Win Xp Pro. I did it by accesing msconfig and unchecking the stuff i don't want and applying and then i had to restart. After i get back into XP i get a pop up saying that Windows is in diagnostic & repair mode because i messed with msconfig. well, i don't think i want in that mode so i went to see if the services i disabled were stopped, they were, and in the general category i selected normal startup as opposed to Selective startup that XP defaulted to. After i rebooted all the services i disable are running again, so what am i doing wrong? *Confused What services are disabled by default  in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? :confused:

3. Disable Services

I have disabled some services and have changed startup type for some to Manual or Automatic (Delayed Start) on my system. You just have to be very careful with what services you choose to disable while also remembering what services you've changed startup type for. I am not experiencing any problems on my system. However, it is best to backup your system or at least create a System Restore point before you go ahead and do so. Here's a guide to which services you can disable on your system. Do it at your own risk.

Which Windows services are safe to disable and when? | Digital Citizen

The startup types may also be reset to their defaults after updates and so you may have to revisit them again.

The below list can be helpful when you need to revert to the default startup types for services
    Windows 10 Service Defaults

PrivacyFreak, Nov 22, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?

Need some help with disabling windows services

Disabling the print spooler and fast user switching wouldn't make your machine do that. What else did you disable? The best way to disable services is Right click My Computer->Manage->Services. Right click on the service you want to disable and do it.*Smile What services are disabled by default  in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? :)

erocker, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?

1. What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? - Similar Threads - services are disabled

2. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  3. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  4. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  5. Windows 10 Services Disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Services Disabled: A lot of my services are disabled, such as Start Menu, Swipe, search, right click on File Explorer and probably lots more. How to fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-services-disabled/c5b05fac-0091-43d6-a31f-6ad77375ec20
  6. What Disables My Nvidia Services?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What Disables My Nvidia Services?: I did aa tour-de-force of shutting off Windows Settings. Immediately afterwards I had problems with The Nvidia Services in Windows Services being disabled whenever I start up my computer. Nvidia Control Panel then won't open and the screen brightness is dimmed. I turn the...
  7. What services to disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What services to disable?: [ATTACH] Here's screenshots of my services list, what to disable? https://preview.redd.it/7ctbbbcdvts41.png?width=573&format=png&auto=webp&s=55b3e32f79e5eaeaa085ccc8eb9d331c31f97d20...
  8. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...
  9. Start Services – what keep – what disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Services – what keep – what disable?: This morning Windows has decided to pester me about what I don’t know anything about – Start Services. I don’t know what they. And when I learn that (what they are), I will want to know which ones to disable and which ones to turn, or leave on and why. Can someone please...
  10. Why is system restore disabled by default?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is system restore disabled by default?: Any ideas? I understand, that 10 relies on reset/refresh, but disabling SR is a bit drastic. *Shock Especially taking into account, how many flaws are in 10 right now, I wonder how it made RTM. 11443