Windows 10: what services should I disable if I want better performance?

Discus and support what services should I disable if I want better performance? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Dec 11, 2021.

1. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through Powershell, I've already gotten rid of some such as your phone, maps, and Cortana, I made sure these can be reinstalled later from the store, and they can thankfully, but as for now I don't have a use for any one of them.I'm also wondering what services I should also disable if I want to get more performance out of my cpu and intergrated graphics processor.Specs:Intel pentuim n3700, 4 cores, 1.6ghz.8Gb ram, ddr3.and a Kingston a400 SSD that I g

:)

SandyPlayz86, Dec 11, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 11, 2021
  3. Aakshat Win User
    Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

Im using NexusFonts and windows font cache service makes it painfully slow.
    When i searched for solution for this, every solution i came across suggest to disable Windows Font Cache Service.

And it does solves the problem and while before nexus fonts takes about 2min to load my fonts, now it takes only few seconds.

But my main question is what actually happens when i disabled font cache service, will it impact system performance,
    what happens to the fonts in new applications.
    As windows is not caching fonts anymore will it conflicts with something,
    how windows will handle fonts now on.

Aakshat, Dec 11, 2021
  4. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

what services should I disable if I want better performance?

1. what services should I disable if I want better performance? - Similar Threads - services should disable

2. Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?: I have G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz, if i installed another 16gb ram will i feel an improvement in gaming performance?My PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-another-ram-for-better-gaming/aac7e211-242e-4f64-b750-346a0355bc93
  3. Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?: I have G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz, if i installed another 16gb ram will i feel an improvement in gaming performance?My PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-another-ram-for-better-gaming/aac7e211-242e-4f64-b750-346a0355bc93
  4. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what services should I disable if I want better performance?: Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through Powershell, I've already gotten rid of some such as your phone, maps, and Cortana, I made sure these can be reinstalled...
  5. A better driver than its update, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A better driver than its update, what should I do?: A couple of days ago, I received a message about an optional update for one of my drivers in Settings-> Windows Update. I let it install but today I checked its status and saw it has been failed. So, I retried to install it by the recommended bottom there. Again it failed and...
  6. should i didable sysmainSuperfetch if i want to get better performance? fps? less cpu usage?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    should i didable sysmainSuperfetch if i want to get better performance? fps? less cpu usage?: I just wanna ask this, because sometimes when i even open a app my cpu usage will go over 50% and this makes it really hard when playing games like mc, because if i open microsoft edge or chrome it will sometimes jump to 100% and makes my pc sluggish and almost unusable, i...
  7. should i didable sysmainSuperfetch is i want to get better performance? fps? less cpu usage?

should i didable sysmainSuperfetch is i want to get better performance? fps? less cpu usage?: I just wanna ask this, because sometimes when i even open a app my cpu usage will go over 50% and this makes it really hard when playing games like mc, because if i open microsoft edge or chrome it will sometimes jump to 100% and makes my pc sluggish and almost unusable, i...
  8. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I do to improve performance for gaming?: I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do? And is there anyway to temporarily disable it via a batch file please? Thanks in advance :) submitted by /u/AAAAAshwin [link] [comments]...
  9. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. What Windows 10 home services can safely disable and modify registers for better performance

What Windows 10 home services can safely disable and modify registers for better performance: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please also give me a link to a list of services and changes to Windows 10 home registers that can safely disable without affecting the Windows10 home operating system for performance, optimization, Low consumption of Windows 10 home better home....