Windows 10: what settings to allow an app access to my webcam

Discus and support what settings to allow an app access to my webcam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; what settings to allow an app access to my webcam?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by goUCLA, Jul 6, 2018.

1. goUCLA Win User

what settings to allow an app access to my webcam

what settings to allow an app access to my webcam?

:)

goUCLA, Jul 6, 2018

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

• Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like Test Webcam - testwebcam - check your webcam.
    • Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    • Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    • If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    • Try refreshing the page.
    • Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

• Click Close
    • Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

• Right click on webcam area
    • Select Settings
    • In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

• Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    • Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    • Check Always allowed
    • Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Borolad57 Win User
    USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, Jul 6, 2018
  4. what settings to allow an app access to my webcam

how do i turn on my hp laptop webcam.

Hello Marvis,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

This issue could occurred due to these reasons.

• Damaged webcam diver\software.
    • Due to incorrect webcam settings.
    • If webcam is damaged.
    Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar
    and select Troubleshooting.

b. Select View all on the top left corner.

c. Click on Hardware and device troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter

Also I suggest you to check if you are able to use the Webcam with the Camera app.

Method 2:

If you are able to access Camera app, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Camera app.
    • Press Windows key + C from your keyboard to open
      Charms bar.
    • Select Settings option.
    • Select Permissions option.
    • Turn on Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone option.
    • Close the app.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    For reference: Camera app and webcams help

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

what settings to allow an app access to my webcam

1. what settings to allow an app access to my webcam - Similar Threads - settings allow app

2. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  3. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  4. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HpHwDiagA accessing my Webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HpHwDiagA accessing my Webcam: Hello,Since last week or so, my Norton has been telling me that HpHwDiagA has been accessing my Webcam every time I start up my computer. Additionally, I have been seeing a command prompt opening up and closing immediately. When I try to access the WindowsApp folder, the...
  6. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  7. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing camera to be accessed by apps: I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this???[ATTACH]...
  8. Not able to access my Webcame

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to access my Webcame: Dear Sir, I couldn't able to access my webcam, I would be getting the error code mentioned below Error code 0xA00F42710x8007001F I am using Dell inpiron 15 r 2013 model but recently I am switched from window 7 to window 10. kindly resolve this issue. Regards,...
  9. how to access my webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to access my webcam: hi I have a new Lenovo lab top and I don't know how to turn on my webcam, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-webcam/d6bb5cc7-bf2c-4830-a468-20855a66ba7b
  10. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow webcam access

2. allow webcame access to microsoft

3. allow an app to use webcam