Windows 10: What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

Discus and support What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SlickRCBD, Oct 12, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".I know I'd turned off the forced restarts thing, but obviously Microsoft in it's wisdom decided to reset that setting in one of the last few updates.Any idea I can't check now which update settings were reset to force restarts again?What other settings might have been reset in the last month or two thanks to Microsoft and where would I find them so I can reset things again?While I'm paranoid enough to save my work before going to l

:)

SlickRCBD, Oct 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 12, 2021
  3. LAN Connection settings reset after restart

I just purchased a new laptop for school work. It is a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. I just opened it out of the box on Saturday night. For some reason, every time I restart the computer, the LAN Connection Settings in Internet Options automatically reset to use a proxy server. I have unchecked this and checked "automatically detect settings", but that always reverts after I restart. The only thing I can think of is that I configured my work email (Office 365) and a Windows popup said it would have to change security settings if I was going to use that type of email. Are there any other reasons this would happen and what would be the fix? I have installed a few school-based programs and would prefer not to have to do restore or recovery to save time on re-installing all that software.

rolling moses, Oct 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

1. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again? - Similar Threads - settings were reset

2. Last update changed folders to show what's inside on desktop. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last update changed folders to show what's inside on desktop. How do I turn this off?: After the last update to Windows, all of my folders on my desktop now show a little preview of what files are inside. The icon is now an open folder with whatever images or files are inside being shown on the desktop. Every single time an update comes out, little things...
  3. Last update changed folders to show what's inside on desktop. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last update changed folders to show what's inside on desktop. How do I turn this off?: After the last update to Windows, all of my folders on my desktop now show a little preview of what files are inside. The icon is now an open folder with whatever images or files are inside being shown on the desktop. Every single time an update comes out, little things...
  4. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?: I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".I know I'd turned off the forced restarts thing, but obviously Microsoft in it's wisdom decided to reset that...
  5. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?: I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".I know I'd turned off the forced restarts thing, but obviously Microsoft in it's wisdom decided to reset that...
  6. How do i turn off Reset Protection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i turn off Reset Protection?: I have a useless Microsoft accounts i want to close, what is Reset Protection and how do i turn it off on Pc? submitted by /u/UnluckyGamer505 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdvke3/how_do_i_turn_off_reset_protection/
  7. "Restart to install Windows 10 update" - How do I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Restart to install Windows 10 update" - How do I turn it off?: submitted by /u/marg9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2pzeu/restart_to_install_windows_10_update_how_do_i/
  8. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  9. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Support
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  10. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...