Windows 10: What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow?

Discus and support What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In task manager my disk percentage is always running at 100% What can I do about it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnGalt5, Jun 15, 2019.

1. JohnGalt5 Win User

What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow?

In task manager my disk percentage is always running at 100% What can I do about it.

:)

JohnGalt5, Jun 15, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 15, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jun 15, 2019
  4. What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow?

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow?

1. What should be running in my computers back ground. my computer is ruinning slow? - Similar Threads - should running computers

2. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  3. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  4. Computer clean up - My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer clean up - My computer is running slow: What do I need to do to make my computer run faster? My programs, documents, websites & etc are taking way too long to load. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-clean-up-my-computer-is-running-slow/8d1e0b35-9c8d-4f4c-b68b-c0ec7bcf5c07
  5. my computer is running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  6. Update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  7. My computers back ground color

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers back ground color: I have a black background on this computer. I want my background back to the original colore How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computers-back-ground-color/23cd39fd-5632-4456-a9f9-ce6f420e6558
  8. Updates Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....
  9. Accidentally ruined my computer...

Accidentally ruined my computer...: So I'm kind of an idiot... I accidentally marked my C:/ drive as active, but that's not the problem. I made a windows boot media (then pressed SHIFT+F10 , DISKPART, LIST DISK, SELECT DISK #, LIST PARTITION, SELECT PARTITION #, INACTIVE) and successfully got my computer to...
  10. my computer runs very slow

my computer runs very slow: please help to make my computer runs faster thanks and god bless alanis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-very-slow/47ae14ce-1dd2-4323-b2bc-d16e3b1a6c82