Windows 10: What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

Discus and support What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is the just sufficient size of the recovery partition in windows 11? I have recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hemant_k, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Hemant_k Win User

What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

What is the just sufficient size of the recovery partition in windows 11? I have recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, I am partitioning C-drive to create other drives using the inbuilt disk management utility.I can see here that there are two recovery partitions created of approx 18.56 GB and 1.37 GB. I want to allocate just the necessary amount of space to recovery partitions and want to free up the rest. Is there any recommended size of the recovery partition?

:)

Hemant_k, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Oct 10, 2021
  3. fredde Win User
    Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11? :)*Smile What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11? :)

fredde, Oct 10, 2021
  4. What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

Recovery partitions

Yes, recovery partition is basically present for that purpose.

Here's some other info about recovery partition:

As the name suggests, the partition is solely helpful under recovery scenarios. The data stored on it may contain recovery image tools such as winre.wim. The main benefit of having recovery partition is that the recovery data is on the hard-drive itself rather
    than on CD/DVD and thus it ensures fast recovery process.

Microsoft suggests to add a separate partition for Windows RE tools and at the end of hard-drive. This will facilitate Windows to automatically and logically expand the recovery partition as per requirement, in future instances.

There are some universal rules which govern recovery partition size:

It should be at-least of 300MB in size

When it is less than 500MB, it have 50MB free space

If it’s size is in between 500MB to 1GB, it should have 320MB free space

For recovery partition sized more than 1GB, it must have at-least 1GB free space

The type ID used by this partition is DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC.

Reference:
    https://www.kapilarya.com/understanding-differe...

Hope this answers your query!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

1. What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11? - Similar Threads - should size recovery

2. What is a good healthy partition size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a good healthy partition size?: What is a good size for the healthy partitions on my C: drive?I have an old Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5316 laptop running Windows 10. It is a bit of a "hangar queen" since it is too old to install Windows 11. Aside from the row with the Function keys and a few other keys being...
  3. What is a good healthy partition size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a good healthy partition size?: What is a good size for the healthy partitions on my C: drive?I have an old Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5316 laptop running Windows 10. It is a bit of a "hangar queen" since it is too old to install Windows 11. Aside from the row with the Function keys and a few other keys being...
  4. What is a good healthy partition size?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  6. What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?: What is the just sufficient size of the recovery partition in windows 11? I have recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, I am partitioning C-drive to create other drives using the inbuilt disk management utility.I can see here that there are two recovery...
  7. Question about windows recovery partition size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows recovery partition size: I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl7c0v/question_about_windows_recovery_partition_size/
  8. What size and type of USB should I use for a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What size and type of USB should I use for a recovery drive?: So I had a pretty big scare a few minutes ago. My brand new machine which I basically only use for the web and no one else has access to, appeared to be stuck in a boot loop. Well, it ended up being just that the power key was stuck. The experience has motivated me to make a...
  9. What size should my Windows 10 partition be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What size should my Windows 10 partition be?: My current install drive for Windows 10 is a 128GB SSD. However upon discovering that its Reallocated Sector Count is slowly climbing I've decided to replace it before it goes tits up. I've opted to go with a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME drive instead. I'm tempted to just bung...
  10. What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be?: I was getting some login prompts for this application. I removed my windows email account from Outlook and re-added it and it looks like the prompting has stopped. However, now I am worried if I have some sort of virus in the searchprotocolhost.exe. What size should the...