Windows 10: What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?

Discus and support What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JLoos, May 25, 2021.

1. JLoos Win User

What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?

:)

JLoos, May 25, 2021
  2. the jimmy Win User

Allowing programs to work

After upgrading from Win 7 to 10 I quickly found out that some programs were not allowed to fully function, such as simply saving a file to a library. I did learn that I can allow programs to function by adding the exe file to Defenders allowed list. Very annoying.
    I recently installed Power Director 16 and had the same issue, added it to the allowed list in defender but still receive this notification.
    I
    What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked? [​IMG]

How can I fix this, or better yet is there a something I can do to prevent ALL such blocks on any program I have, or install in the future.

Thanks

the jimmy, May 25, 2021
  3. FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 25, 2021
  4. What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Remind us all of your Windows version?

lexluthermiester, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked? - Similar Threads - should change allow

2. Unauthorized Change Blocked: Should I allow powershell.exe to access folders after enabling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unauthorized Change Blocked: Should I allow powershell.exe to access folders after enabling...: I just enabled ‘Controlled Folder Access’ from my Windows Security. Now, at some random times, but mainly after start-up, there are a lot of notifications from Windows Security saying ‘Unauthorized Change Blocked’. In detail, it’s blocking powershell.exe from...
  3. Unauthorized Change Blocked: Should I allow powershell.exe to access folders after enabling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unauthorized Change Blocked: Should I allow powershell.exe to access folders after enabling...: I just enabled ‘Controlled Folder Access’ from my Windows Security. Now, at some random times, but mainly after start-up, there are a lot of notifications from Windows Security saying ‘Unauthorized Change Blocked’. In detail, it’s blocking powershell.exe from...
  4. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  5. What should i install ?

What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  6. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. blocked app still being allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocked app still being allowed: i searched but im tired of looking i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the app is still connecting as normal. i want to completely block this app from the internet to prevent updates or transfer of...
  8. Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?

Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?: My son likes installing cracked programs on our PC (some of them are unafordable, such as Vegas Pro). Windows 10 often flags them as trojans and quarantines or recommends removing them. He insists that he checks YouTube videos and stuff and that these are just false...
  9. Should I allow?

Should I allow?: Should i allow McAfee to make changes to my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/should-i-allow/2c0632bd-8585-4b54-9473-df9963e3db12
  10. What should I install?

What should I install?: I've just clean installed Windows 10 but I don't know what apps and programs I should install. Any suggestions? NOTE: There is absolutely nothing on my PC I would also like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of my PC. 33304