Windows 10: What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...

Discus and support What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some days ago, I got an error which was saying we can't sign into your account. I tried restarting my pc but it didn't solved that problem. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Piyush Vish, Jul 28, 2021.

1. What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...

Some days ago, I got an error which was saying we can't sign into your account. I tried restarting my pc but it didn't solved that problem. Then I found some solution on Youtube and what I did is firstly I opened run and entered regedit and then went to this location there Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and there were two files with my sid number and one of them was with .bak So, what I did is I opened S-1-5-21-2264509577-775218658-2654501439-1001 there and changed the ProfileImagePath to C:\Users\intel 7 and then deleted the .bak folder an

:)

Piyush Vish, Jul 28, 2021
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 28, 2021
  3. caughtair Win User
    HDD start getting errors.

Hey guys.,
    I'm kind of lost here. My HDD, a four-year old Western Digital Caviar Black 640 gigs, SATA 2, and in the last days, I started getting checksum errors, and various read errors. I haven`t had problems with it until about now. I bought new parts to my PC, a ASRock 970 Pro 3, an AMD Phenom II 965 BE and a GTX 660 . I have a 4 year old 500W Akasa PaxPower so I should be fine with the PSU. When I installed the OS, I started having read errors from the "expanding files" stage in Windows 7 install. I had to try it 4 times to get it right. Then , after the install , I started having several read errors, several blue-screens and errors when I would use .iso files. Also , I get various checksum errors when checking with the .sfv files. Also , these errors appear on old files, not in the new only in the new ones. I don`t think it would be viruses. I did HDD checks in Windows and searched for bad sectors, also surface tests with different programs and found nothing bad. I`m at a loss. Any ideas? Is it a sign of the HDD failing ? Thanks.

caughtair, Jul 28, 2021
  4. What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...

Can't install Oblivion: Data Error

The crc error is kind-of a developer's fault which happens if you install the game on a system where it had already been installed and uninstalled before. It had happened to me personally and my disk is fine...

To manage without having to reinstall windows, try it - at the best you'd save buying a new disk and at the worst it might not work and no harm would be done...

1.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

2.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

3.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

4.)close regedit.

5.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

6.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer.

Now you can install the game *Smile What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your... :) hopefully without getting crc problems.

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way that I used to get around it was to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. IIRC it asks you if you want to reinstall the game...so go ahead and reinstall it.

Black Panther, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...

1. What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your... - Similar Threads - should getting files

2. How do I get my files back and stay signed in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my files back and stay signed in?: I've got a huge problem with my PC in that everytime I boot it up, my background has refreshed, all my files are gone from the quick access area but I can still see my programs from my C drive. Aswell as this I am also signed out of absolutely everything which persists if I...
  3. I'm getting this error "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting this error "We can't sign in to your account": I attempted to use the registry editor option to delete the temporary file. However, I am still encountering the error every time I restart. Additionally, I have been trying to contact Windows Help, but it is not connecting. Could somebody help me resolve this issue?...
  4. I'm getting this error "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting this error "We can't sign in to your account": I attempted to use the registry editor option to delete the temporary file. However, I am still encountering the error every time I restart. Additionally, I have been trying to contact Windows Help, but it is not connecting. Could somebody help me resolve this issue?...
  5. Getting "we can't sign into your account,"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "we can't sign into your account,": About two years ago, I had this problem, and was told at that time to create another profile as an "administrator." I did that, and have not had any problems since. But yesterday, after trying to start up my computer, there was a very long delay, and then that screen...
  6. Getting "we can't sign into your account,"

Getting "we can't sign into your account,": About two years ago, I had this problem, and was told at that time to create another profile as an "administrator." I did that, and have not had any problems since. But yesterday, after trying to start up my computer, there was a very long delay, and then that screen...
  7. What should I do after getting BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do after getting BSOD?: Hello, I was using chrome and then I encountered BSOD. It got stuck at 100%. I was forced to restart the device and then it goes BSOD again and also got stuck at 100%. I then removed the charger and then opened it again. I got the automatic repair. Now I read to zip the files...
  8. What should I do after getting BSOD?

What should I do after getting BSOD?: Hello, I was using chrome and then I encountered BSOD. It got stuck at 100%. I was forced to restart the device and then it goes BSOD again and also got stuck at 100%. I then removed the charger and then opened it again. I got the automatic repair. Now I read to zip the files...
  9. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...
  10. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...