Windows 10: What should I do if I change my device?

Discus and support What should I do if I change my device? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, just a doubt. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 OS, and I want to switch to another Dell laptop not right nowwith Windows OS, then what are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tyeberg, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Tyeberg Win User

What should I do if I change my device?

Hi all, just a doubt.

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 OS, and I want to switch to another Dell laptop not right nowwith Windows OS, then what are the steps to be taken?

1Should a fresh copy of windows be loaded?

2How can I get all my apps in my old device to my new device, will all be deleted/ should I re-install?

3 Can sign in with the same Microsoft account?

So these are my questions, but if there is any other thing whoch has to be done when switching to another device, please do tell me!

:)

Tyeberg, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. What should I do if I change my device? - Similar Threads - should change device

2. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do?: Windows Script Host Can not find script file C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\aclui.dll.js".* Moved from Community Center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/32224f23-b384-49f6-9603-9976f4adcbee
  3. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do?: hi there, I made my computer account with a work/school email and I have very important things that I need to access unfortunately I have forgotten my password and whenever I try to reset it I realize I made a typo in the email when I created it and so if it sends me an email...
  4. What should I do?

What should I do?: I need to update my pc from windows 8 to 8.1. I already downloaded the update. But my pc isn't getting updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/3484290c-9722-4c20-a6e8-2bcb0f3f8d79
  5. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  6. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

"no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  7. What should I do?

What should I do?: Reciently I got a trojan virus Win32/Manson.A!a and I don't know how to uninstall it.The first thing I did was scanning my PC with Windows Defender, and it found that virus. I chose "remove" option image 1. I scanned my PC again just to confirm the virus had been deleted....
  8. What should i do ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do ?: I just did a restore and chose to keep my files. When it was finished, it booted into a screen asking you to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are two options, both of which are identical: Windows 10 on Volume 3.Regardless of whether I choose one of them manually or let it...
  9. What should i do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should i do?: Hi, recently i downloaded a program to get a free program photoshop CC 2015,while i was downloading the crack, there were notifications on my computer that it wasa virus/malicious program, although i dont know if it is or not, in the video where i downloading it there...
  10. what should i do? trying to change my hwid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do? trying to change my hwid: i have recently been false banned from call of duty warzone, i had cheat engine open while not noticing and opened warzone and got false banned, i heard they hardware id ban so what should i do to change my hwid? i dont want to download or pay for a hwid spoofer, i heard most...