Windows 10: What should I do if I think I got hacked?

Discus and support What should I do if I think I got hacked? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded a 3d model and it said hacking attempt? Not sure if I should believe it because who would tell the victim that they are getting hacked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/International-Ear-91, Oct 11, 2020.

1. What should I do if I think I got hacked?

I downloaded a 3d model and it said hacking attempt? Not sure if I should believe it because who would tell the victim that they are getting hacked.

submitted by /u/International-Ear-91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/International-Ear-91, Oct 11, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • What should I do if I think I got hacked? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. lacrumb Win User
    Think I've been Hacked ?

If you think you have been hacked run Windows Security and Malwarebytes.

lacrumb, Oct 11, 2020
  4. R.Mike Win User

What should I do if I think I got hacked?

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

What should I do if I think I got hacked?

1. What should I do if I think I got hacked? - Similar Threads - should got hacked

2. I think im being hacked what should i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think im being hacked what should i do: Hi the thing is while i was playing a game i saw my desktop background changed it wasnt on slideshow and sync is off i thought i might have done it accidently so i changed it back tomorrow i changed again and this time it was a picture that i didn't had on my pc i checked the...
  3. I think im being hacked what should i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think im being hacked what should i do: Hi the thing is while i was playing a game i saw my desktop background changed it wasnt on slideshow and sync is off i thought i might have done it accidently so i changed it back tomorrow i changed again and this time it was a picture that i didn't had on my pc i checked the...
  4. I think im being hacked what should i do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I think I got hacked or something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  6. I think I got hacked or something.

I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  7. I think i got hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got hacked: Hi, some time ago i think someone hacked my Microsoft account, and transfer it to another account, i wanted to take it back because i spent money on that and i couldn't take it back, can someone help me? I tried every methods but still couldn't take it back...
  8. I think i got hacked

I think i got hacked: Hi, some time ago i think someone hacked my Microsoft account, and transfer it to another account, i wanted to take it back because i spent money on that and i couldn't take it back, can someone help me? I tried every methods but still couldn't take it back...
  9. i think i got hack by opening a website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i think i got hack by opening a website: i have micro soft security browser protection extension on google chrome but when i go to a website that play the piano auto for you microsoft warn me that it can steal your passwords and credit card and avira said acess to file c users...google...HTML Malicious PDF.gen2 was...
  10. I think I got hacked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I got hacked?: I was stupid and installed this VPN because someone emailed me and claimed to want to pay me to review it. When I went to install the .exe file my windows virus defender said it was a Trojan so I deleted it right away. Then a couple of days later I get an alert saying both...