Windows 10: What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time?

Discus and support What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As shown above, some windows services are disabled every time after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual and start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zhangdiey, Dec 12, 2019.

1. zhangdiey Win User

What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time?

What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time? 984d7fd9-1cb2-4618-9a67-4ce55be4c505?upload=true.png

As shown above, some windows services are disabled every time after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual and start the services it will change back to disabled soon. This behavior causes me not able to update Windows/Windows Insider not able to download Windows Apps and so on. What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time? OS:2004/19041.1

:)

zhangdiey, Dec 12, 2019

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Dec 12, 2019
  3. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2019
  4. What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time?

Problem with services timing out at boot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that some of the system services fail to start or end up timing out. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer some questions below.

• Which was the latest update installed in your PC?
    • What edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Were there any software changes made prior to the issue?
    • Which services are interrupting at the startup to start automatically?
    • What all steps you tried to resolve the issue?
    Please post us back with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time?

1. What should I do to ensure all services on enabled all the time? - Similar Threads - should ensure services

2. If all method not works, what have i should do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If all method not works, what have i should do?: I have try every method in this discuss to repair BSOD with unmoutable boot volume, but not single method is work. What should i do to repair my laptop?...
  3. What should I do with all the folders that I created ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I do with all the folders that I created ?: I have a habit in creating folders so that will make it easy for me to sort every data and place it in its place before I get to move them to external drive permanently .So I create folders and name them such as pictures at pictures, videos at videos ,then subfolders such as...
  4. What should I do with all the folders that I created ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with all the folders that I created ?: I have a habit in creating folders so that will make it easy for me to sort every data and place it in its place before I get to move them to external drive permanently .So I create folders and name them such as pictures at pictures, videos at videos ,then subfolders such as...
  5. What should I do with all the folders that I created ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?: I was normally browsing the internet on battery with few processes running all of a sudden BSOD occurred. Laptop: Asus TUF A15 R7 4800H RTX 2060Windows: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000 BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc....
  7. BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?: I was normally browsing the internet on battery with few processes running all of a sudden BSOD occurred. Laptop: Asus TUF A15 R7 4800H RTX 2060Windows: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000 BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc....
  8. what is all of this? should i be concerned?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is all of this? should i be concerned?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/socksgrowonbushes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2jbgn/what_is_all_of_this_should_i_be_concerned/
  9. Windows update is broken for me, and all of the necessary services are enabled. What should...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update is broken for me, and all of the necessary services are enabled. What should...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rxcrz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc0mx6/windows_update_is_broken_for_me_and_all_of_the/
  10. What is this OS doing all the time???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is this OS doing all the time???: I am getting more and more pissed of by Windows 10! Again and again my system (an MS Surface 3 Pro) feels extremely sluggish, switching windows or scrolling or even just grabbing a scrollbar or any other UI interaction for that matter seems to take forever! Oftentimes...