Windows 10: What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

Discus and support What should I do to improve performance for gaming? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do? And is there anyway to temporarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AAAAAshwin, Jan 4, 2021.

1. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do?

And is there anyway to temporarily disable it via a batch file please?

Thanks in advance What should I do to improve performance for gaming? :)

submitted by /u/AAAAAshwin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AAAAAshwin, Jan 4, 2021

2. Improve performance

Hi Linda

I´m an Independent Advisor

I listed some action you may do to improve performance.

The following suggestions can help your PC make the most out of Windows 10. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Show all

1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers

2. Restart your PC and open only the apps you need

3. Check memory and memory usage

4. Check for low disk space and make some room

5. Restore your PC from a system restore point

6. Disable unnecessary startup programs

7. Check for and remove viruses and malware

8. Check for corrupted Windows system files

9. Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

10. Pause OneDrive syncing

11. Reset your PC

link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/400201...

Let me know if this solve your issue

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Disable app to help improve performance

Hi Kenneth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Which is the app you wish to disable to improve performance?

I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to refer the below article and check if you are able to improve performance.

Note: The below link applies well to Windows 10 also.

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 4, 2021
  4. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

1. What should I do to improve performance for gaming? - Similar Threads - should improve performance

2. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to help my computer performance: I started to have some computer struggles out of no where a couple weeks ago and tried to use the Razer Cleanup tool to help. I don't fully know what it did but I assume it deleted items. Ever since then I have been able to get most of the errors off but the lag is still...
  3. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do to help my computer performance: I started to have some computer struggles out of no where a couple weeks ago and tried to use the Razer Cleanup tool to help. I don't fully know what it did but I assume it deleted items. Ever since then I have been able to get most of the errors off but the lag is still...
  4. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?: So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to...
  6. What I should do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What I should do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/afdas117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lyx7w7/what_i_should_do/
  7. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  8. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  9. What can i do to improve my gaming performance?

What can i do to improve my gaming performance?: My specs are, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz Installed Ram: 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable) System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1803 OS Build: 17134.228 My framerate gets choppy on...
  10. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Support
    what should i do?: Hello..... New here and this one is my ist thred... Since i upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 i am using it...but now my pc need re-install windows. what should i do? my windows upgrade from 8.1 to windows 10 free upgrade. and i have also setup of win 8.1 66652