Windows 10: What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10...

Discus and support What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought a computer that has to be set up. I own the windows 10 installation disc. When I turn on the computer, it wont detect keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OvershotEagle17, Jul 22, 2019.

1. What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10...

I recently bought a computer that has to be set up. I own the windows 10 installation disc. When I turn on the computer, it wont detect keyboard and mouse and i cant access the bios settings. Also when the computer automatically goes for the windows 10 installation, It freezes on windows 10 logo with no spinning dots. The installation doesnt even start. What should i do now? Is it my hard drive that has problems or the computer? I did plug in a usb hard drive and it did light up.

:)

OvershotEagle17, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 22, 2019
  4. What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10...

Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10...

1. What should i do when my computer doesnt detect keyboard and mouse on bios and windows 10... - Similar Threads - should computer doesnt

2. What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...: I have tried many times to restart the pc and it didn't work. I tried the mouse and keyboard on another pc and it worked just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-when-my-pc-is-stuck-on-the/86619952-aa12-4a14-a5e6-a3de7f195796
  3. What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...: I have tried many times to restart the pc and it didn't work. I tried the mouse and keyboard on another pc and it worked just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-when-my-pc-is-stuck-on-the/86619952-aa12-4a14-a5e6-a3de7f195796
  4. My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do: Please help with my keyboard, touchpad and mouse they just stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-touchpad-and-mouse-are-not-working/8be75d3d-de3f-4bae-8450-6ce26883a0c6
  5. My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do: Please help with my keyboard, touchpad and mouse they just stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-touchpad-and-mouse-are-not-working/8be75d3d-de3f-4bae-8450-6ce26883a0c6
  6. my hp computer not detecting keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hp computer not detecting keyboard and mouse: my computer has been working perfectly fine but now it only switch on to a blue screen,it shows keyboard error on the blue screen, the esc not working, just nothing at all...
  7. What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?: I recently updated to 2004 and don't have my Windows old folder anymore. But I'm finding a lot of my apps and games glitching. My games don't even load at all or don't save at all and that's all of them. Some of my apps don't load either. I tried everything in the book...
  8. my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?: my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration/0fcf0dbe-a6f1-47d3-98a2-1e0c8d951dbe
  9. my keyboard isn't responding what should i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard isn't responding what should i do?: i did everything through device manager but in vain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-isnt-responding-what-should-i-do/c4a82ca6-d767-4d9a-8fec-26976a810be5
  10. My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?: What do I do because I need to know ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-keyboard-and-mouse-is-not-working-what-do-i-do/85e44515-f169-472e-a887-c513e6651225

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc doesnt detect keyboard in bios