Windows 10: What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?

Discus and support What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. So I have 500gb on my SSD and 1tb on my HDD and I'm pretty much at the max on my sdd while I have a ton more space on my tb. I'm a bit unsure on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pzfalcon, Dec 9, 2020.

1. What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?

Hi. So I have 500gb on my SSD and 1tb on my HDD and I'm pretty much at the max on my sdd while I have a ton more space on my tb. I'm a bit unsure on what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/pzfalcon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pzfalcon, Dec 9, 2020

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Dec 9, 2020
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Dec 9, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?

1. What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not? - Similar Threads - should SSD full

2. Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.: I am afraid if I kill it the drive will be toast.I did a full format as I am posting important information on the drive and I wanted to make sure the drive was good. It is a new drive....
  3. Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.: I am afraid if I kill it the drive will be toast.I did a full format as I am posting important information on the drive and I wanted to make sure the drive was good. It is a new drive....
  4. What should i do ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do ?: I just did a restore and chose to keep my files. When it was finished, it booted into a screen asking you to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are two options, both of which are identical: Windows 10 on Volume 3.Regardless of whether I choose one of them manually or let it...
  5. What should i do with my new two external 2.5 hdd/ssd enclosures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should i do with my new two external 2.5 hdd/ssd enclosures?: Hi, I just received my new orico Fiberglass Hdd/SSD Enclosure for my two hard drives from older laptops. What should I do with them? I'm thinking one is for keeping some apps and/or files on, and the other is to backup those apps and/or files. But are there anyways to get...
  6. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  7. SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD: After a week spent (reluctantly) performing BIOS updates, downloading and installing 1803 for Win 10 Pro and tweaking USB functions I was able to clone a Samsung 860 EVO 1tb 2.5 inch drive from a 1tb Toshiba HDD that came with Dell desktop. The easiest and simplest method to...
  8. After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD

After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD: Hello Everyone, I just installed a new 500 gb SSD and successfully moved the Operating System and data. I want to use the old HDD that still has an OS for storage. What do I need to do next? I downloaded AOMEI Petition Assistant but am not sure which option(s) I should...
  9. What should I do with a second hand SSD?

What should I do with a second hand SSD?: I have bought a second hand 250 GB Samsung 840 Pro from ebay. Is there anything specific I should do apart from format it? I'm planning to put it in a Thinkpad X201 (which I also just got from ebay) but lots of people here talk about the Samsung Magicain software. I've...
  10. Nearly Full SSD VS HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Nearly Full SSD VS HDD: If i were to nearly fill my SSD, and it were to slow down. how would that perform compared to a non full HDD? would it make the SSD slower than the HDD? or would it still be faster? 9133