Windows 10: What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file

Discus and support What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System asked if I want a full or small dump file, I proceeded with a small one. Then it asked me to share it with development. WHo and how do I proceed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TaukeTempe, Feb 25, 2021.

1. What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file

System asked if I want a full or small dump file, I proceeded with a small one. Then it asked me to share it with development. WHo and how do I proceed from here?

:)

TaukeTempe, Feb 25, 2021

2. Set up dump file for system failure

HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free space, and the external HDD has 438Gb free. To enable debugging how much paging space should I set up, and which
    dump file should I select? The next problem will be debugging the dump file, wont it?

Your help will be much appreciated by a 90 year old IT veteran - or should I say antique?

Murray

MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file

System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file

1. What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file - Similar Threads - should System indicate

2. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  3. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  4. windows 11 overheats system. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 overheats system. What should i do?: After installing windows 11 as suggested on my Surface PRO_ IntelR CoreTM i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz_ RAM 8,00 GB_ OS 64 BIt the system overheats. It use to do fine with windows 10 for years. Can i do somthing or just downgrade to windows 10?...
  5. windows 11 overheats system. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 overheats system. What should i do?: After installing windows 11 as suggested on my Surface PRO_ IntelR CoreTM i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz_ RAM 8,00 GB_ OS 64 BIt the system overheats. It use to do fine with windows 10 for years. Can i do somthing or just downgrade to windows 10?...
  6. Dump File after system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump File after system: Hi I got the following Dump file analysis after some auto shutdowns. I also attached a screenshot of event viewer around the time of error. ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. Dump File after system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump File after system: Hi I got the following Dump file analysis after some auto shutdowns. I also attached a screenshot of event viewer around the time of error. ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  8. Set up dump file for system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Set up dump file for system failure: HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free space, and the external HDD has 438Gb free. To enable debugging how much paging space should I set up, and which dump file should...
  9. When or under what situations that I should Create Recovery disc or Create System Repair or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When or under what situations that I should Create Recovery disc or Create System Repair or...: There are 3 options in windows10 : 1) Create Recovery disc 2) Create System Repair 3) Create System Image Which one should I create when computer cannot reboot, when change a new hard disk? What are the differences between the 3 and the function of each such as when...
  10. What do I do when I try to create a system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I do when I try to create a system repair disk?: After I created a system backup on an external hard drive, I was asked if I wanted to create a system repair disk. When I tried to create the system repair disk, I got an error that there was no media on the disk. What am I doing wrong? Windows 10, 64 bit...