Windows 10: What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?

Discus and support What should I do with my Windows 10 computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently updated to 2004 and don't have my Windows old folder anymore. But I'm finding a lot of my apps and games glitching. My games don't even load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockfan13, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rockfan13 Win User

What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?

I recently updated to 2004 and don't have my Windows old folder anymore. But I'm finding a lot of my apps and games glitching. My games don't even load at all or don't save at all and that's all of them. Some of my apps don't load either. I tried everything in the book including uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. This was originally a Windows 7 or 8 computer and I don't have the disk for it because my brother bought it from someone. Anyone help?

:)

rockfan13, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. What should I do with my Windows 10 computer? - Similar Threads - should computer

2. Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it...: I've heard a few times that settings can change and yada yada yada but I really don't know the benefit of a clean install on a computer with nothing installed but windows itself. Are there settings that I'd want to change? Is it a privacy thing? How do I go about doing this...
  3. My computer has BDoD'd a lot recently. Should I get a new laptop?

My computer has BDoD'd a lot recently. Should I get a new laptop?: My T430 has given me lots of blue screens this summer. It interrupts my work, and I can't find a clear answer. At most, I have Discord, 5 or so chrome tabs up, and spotify. My other workflow is Studio One DAW and chrome. I have gotten Watchdog Violation, Kernel Mode Heap...
  4. I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed: I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-reset-the-hard-drive-on-my-computer/9a95e382-585b-403d-8dc9-6e52b7b2c409
  5. I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know

I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know: Any setup or maintenence info would be useful submitted by /u/ggxfgh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ere2/i_just_got_a_windows_laptop_its_my_first_computer/
  6. For best speed, which computer should use an ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For best speed, which computer should use an ethernet connection?: We have three computers connected to the Internet. Two are connected wirelessly to the modem/router and the third is connected via the ethernet cable; all three computers are on Win 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) . The one with the cable connection has an onboard...
  7. Is the Microsoft 10 operating system preinstalled in my computer free? Should I need to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is the Microsoft 10 operating system preinstalled in my computer free? Should I need to...: Help me differentiate between what I need to buy and what is free in my operating system? I have Microsoft 10 operating system and use Outlook mail for free. Except a Microsoft message is now saying I must renew but they are not saying what I need to renew. They mention...
  8. My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be: Hi, last summer I built a pretty good desktop, 16gb RAM, 4 core AMD, NVIDIA 1060, etc. But it just feels so slow, right now it is orders of magnitude slower than my other laptop, which isn't half as good (8 gb RAM, 4 core intel, internal GPU). On my desktop, programs take...
  9. Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?: Here are my computers specs: Windows 7 Ultimate i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, Graphics card: “Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I have more than enough disk space. This guy was able to do it and his computer’s specs are worse than mine. submitted by...
  10. Everytime I start my computer this or a black screen appear when the login screen should appear

Everytime I start my computer this or a black screen appear when the login screen should appear: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir-Hmm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmzj18/everytime_i_start_my_computer_this_or_a_black/