Windows 10: What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one?

Discus and support What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/12312_12312 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/12312_12312, Dec 14, 2019.

1. What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one?

/u/12312_12312, Dec 14, 2019
  2. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one? [​IMG]

UserTen, Dec 14, 2019
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 14, 2019
  4. What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one?

Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one?

1. What should I do with the last 16mb disk space when I cannot extend any other one? - Similar Threads - should last 16mb

2. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  3. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  4. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  5. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  6. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:: My laptop came with 1TB of space but the majority of it is in the D: drive. I have tried looking everywhere for how to extend the C drive. These are the things I've tried to do/ looked at doing:-I can't extend the partition because the space is on disk 1 whereas C: is on disk...
  8. Cannot Extend Disk in to Unallocated space

Cannot Extend Disk in to Unallocated space: [ATTACH] I want to extend D: into the 74gigs of Unallocated space. If i **** the drive by making it Dynamic how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-disk-in-to-unallocated-space/54319428-4838-41cd-bda6-3600734680fb"
  9. Cannot extend volume with unnalocated disk space

Cannot extend volume with unnalocated disk space: Hello, I recently installed an SSD on my notebook and migrated my OS to it with Samsung Magician then I deleted my old OS volume so I can extend the DATA D: but an error pops up every time I tried to extend it. How can I fix this?[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Thanks for taking the...
  10. Disk space problem, do I extend partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space problem, do I extend partition?: Hi everyone, not sure why I keep getting the error message on my new laptop that space is running out. Please see below and advise if possible. Thanks [img] 114351