Windows 10: What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?

Discus and support What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Scyris Win User

What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?

Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to add another 8 gb for 16 Gb total. DDR4 2133mhz if your curious what type or if that even matters. My Os is on a SSD so when it has to use the pagefile the write process takes forever due to how poorly my ssd seems to be able to write to itself. According to the software that came with the ssd all the firmware etc is up to date, and I run trim weekly as well.

Any tips on what I should maybe set it too? or how to improve my ssd's write ability if thats even possible. Its especally bad when decompressing files.

:)

Scyris, Sep 13, 2018

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Sep 13, 2018
  3. pagefile?

what do i set my pagefile at? or virtual memory at ? i have 4gb physical ram. and a 500gb hard drive.

missmarcy69, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram? - Similar Threads - should set pagefile

2. I think my ram is broken what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my ram is broken what should I do?: I have 8 gb ram, but only 5,86 gb usable.also every time I start my PC its always used about 3gb it's even still happened in safe modeand don't tell me standard disabling startup programs because I already did itScreenshot above is not startup and I run some programsso yeah,...
  3. I think my ram is broken what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my ram is broken what should I do?: I have 8 gb ram, but only 5,86 gb usable.also every time I start my PC its always used about 3gb it's even still happened in safe modeand don't tell me standard disabling startup programs because I already did itScreenshot above is not startup and I run some programsso yeah,...
  4. How should i upgrade my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How should i upgrade my RAM: Hi there, my name is Daniel and i dont know if i can ask for help on this topic here but if i can here is my question.I have a laptop with 2 slots of ram with 2gb of RAM with a speed of only 800Mhz and i really want to upgrade bc it was performing quite slow lately. So my...
  5. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  6. What should I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What should I upgrade?: Computer type: PC/Desktop OS: Microsoft Windows 10 CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.50Ghz Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 Memory: 8 GB Graphics Card(s): AMD Radeon RX 570 Browser: Google Chrome Antivirus: Windows Defender The overall performance of my computer is going down, I...
  7. What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What RAM should I add to my Win10 System?: Hello dear fellow members, I want to speed up my Windows 10 computer. I have little clue about what to pay attention to if I buy extra RAM. What RAM should I add to my system? And in what slot should I place them? I now have: 2x 2GB DDR3 240-pin DIMM at 1333 MHz (...
  8. Is my CPU sub-par or should I upgrade my RAM or do nothing

Is my CPU sub-par or should I upgrade my RAM or do nothing: Undecided whether my CPU needs an upgrade along with the RAM. Unit is a Lenovo Thinkpad T500 with Win10 Pro 64 bit and 4 GB of RAM. CPU is Intel Core2Duo P8600 2.4 GHz and it's x64 I have downloaded the "crucial scan" but haven't executed it yet. Workload is what...
  9. Should I disable the pagefile?

Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...
  10. PageFile what should it be set too??

in Windows 10 Support
    PageFile what should it be set too??: Hi All, I am trying to determine the Proper Size for my Pagefile.. I have seen numerous posts and lots of different info.. Ithink I am supposed to et it at 1.5 to 2.0 times my Ram amount.. I was wondering what the experts had to say about this.. 83783

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i upgraded my memory in windows 10 should i change my pagefile