Windows 10: What should I upgrade?

Discus and support What should I upgrade? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Computer type: PC/Desktop OS: Microsoft Windows 10 CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.50Ghz Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 Memory: 8 GB Graphics Card(s): AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amanda3, Mar 17, 2020.

1. amanda3 Win User

What should I upgrade?

Computer type:
    PC/Desktop
    Microsoft Windows 10
    CPU:
    Intel Core i5-4690 3.50Ghz
    Motherboard:
    ASRock Z97 Extreme3
    Memory:
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s):
    AMD Radeon RX 570
    Browser:
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus:
    Windows Defender

The overall performance of my computer is going down, I can't have too many things open or it will start to lag. Also, while playing Minecraft I will get a ton of lag spikes. I was wondering if I should buy more ram. I have had this computer for 5 years and I wouldn't be surprised if I needed to buy more. Either that or maybe it has something to do with my power supply because it is a CX500M and I recently found out that this model isn't the best for gaming. This is my task manager when I am currently using Minecraft..

Here is my speccy url: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/T...NPi3HRtkteepc7

:)

amanda3, Mar 17, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Mar 17, 2020
  4. What should I upgrade?

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

What should I upgrade?

1. What should I upgrade? - Similar Threads - should upgrade

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  8. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  9. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...
  10. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...