Windows 10: What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is?

Discus and support What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Wi-Fi is acting slow as of late and I just checked the tab under performance in task manager and it seems way too low for me, can someone tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryGildersleeve, Jun 3, 2021.

1. What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is?

My Wi-Fi is acting slow as of late and I just checked the tab under performance in task manager and it seems way too low for me, can someone tell me what it should be as I cant find any sources on it. I've provided an image below.

:)

HarryGildersleeve, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue after update - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

1. Right click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select ‘Device Manager’.
    2. Expand ‘Network adapters’ and right click on your Wi-Fi adapter.
    3. Select ‘Properties’ and click on the ‘Power Management’ tab.
    4. Uncheck the box that says ‘Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power’.
    5. Exit ‘Device Manager’ and check if it works.

You may also try the steps listed in fix network connection issues
    in Windows 10
    and Wi-Fi issues in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 3, 2021
  4. What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is?

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is?

1. What should task manager say my Wi-Fi's send speed is? - Similar Threads - should task manager

2. Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph: When I turn on my computer I open the task manager to the Wi-Fi performance graph to be sure I'm connected. Sometimes it opens with a strange green-on black grid with a 0-100 scale, first image below which shows nothing. What is this, and why does it happen? If I close it and...
  3. Wi-Fi displaying as connected, but has extremely low send and receive speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi displaying as connected, but has extremely low send and receive speeds: Over the past week, I’ve been trying to figure out and fix the issues my PC is running into regarding Wi-Fi. A while ago, I reset the wrong drivers and they were uninstalled one network adapter and the other being the pci encryption. When pressing the Wi-fi button at the...
  4. Wi-Fi displaying as connected, but has extremely low send and receive speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi displaying as connected, but has extremely low send and receive speeds: Over the past week, I’ve been trying to figure out and fix the issues my PC is running into regarding Wi-Fi. A while ago, I reset the wrong drivers and they were uninstalled one network adapter and the other being the pci encryption. When pressing the Wi-fi button at the...
  5. OK. What is going on with the Wi-Fi throughput graph in the task manager? However, I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK. What is going on with the Wi-Fi throughput graph in the task manager? However, I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MasterKnight48902 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vre1xt/ok_what_is_going_on_with_the_wifi_throughput/
  6. Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.: Hello,A few days ago, i updated to Windows 11. Everything works fine except for the task manager. Whenever i start it, its not refreshing at all, in none of the tabs Process, Performance, details. The refresh rate is set to normal, but nothing is refreshing. Task manager...
  7. Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.: Hello,A few days ago, i updated to Windows 11. Everything works fine except for the task manager. Whenever i start it, its not refreshing at all, in none of the tabs Process, Performance, details. The refresh rate is set to normal, but nothing is refreshing. Task manager...
  8. Task manager : performance > WI FI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager : performance > WI FI: Hi. I entered in task manager>performance and there I had Wi Fi ..I don't know what I did but I deleted from there (doesent appear no more) so how I can put it back..?...
  9. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...