Windows 10: What size external hard drive to create media recovery set

Discus and support What size external hard drive to create media recovery set in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just bought a new 27" all in one HP desktop. I need to create the media recovery set on an external hard drive. My hard drive is 1 tb . What would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by efkorman, Apr 6, 2021.

1. efkorman Win User

What size external hard drive to create media recovery set

Just bought a new 27" all in one HP desktop. I need to create the media recovery set on an external hard drive. My hard drive is 1 tb . What would be the best size of a brand new external hard drive to get on it all on there. I was considering a 2 tb drive. I'd much rather have too much room as apposed to not enough.

Not really well versed in putting together the recovery media on this one hard drive. I've done this using 4 dvd's. Times have changed a bit.

Thank you for any suggestions.

efkorman

:)

efkorman, Apr 6, 2021

2. create a recovery drive

If the steps provided did not work, we suggest that you save your important files using an external hard drive and then perform a clean install.

After doing a clean install, you may create a recovery drive.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Data recovery on external hard drive

Backed up 500gb data onto 1tb external Toshiba hard drive (v63700-c, HDTB210xk3ba), created a windows recovery drive on Toshiba external hard drive using windows 10 s/w which has 500gb data. While creating a recovery drive, windows 10 didn't warn
    me that data will be deleted, my data 500gb is not visible on toshiba external drive, want to get back my data ? Can you pl help me? searched internet and found R-studio, testdisk, minitool s/w which seems will recover deleted partition, did anyone used these
    or any suggestions highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Apr 6, 2021
  4. What size external hard drive to create media recovery set

data on external hard drive & recovery drive

Hi,

I had 5000gb data on 1Tb external hard drive, so created recovery drive on it with windows 10. when creating recovery drive, windows 10 didn't tell that data on external hard drive will be deleted, but when I connected don't see 500gb data, it only shows
    recovery drive. How do I can see my data on external hard drive? Any help is highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

What size external hard drive to create media recovery set

1. What size external hard drive to create media recovery set - Similar Threads - size external hard

2. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  3. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  4. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  6. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  7. Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive

Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive: Hello, I have 4TB external hard drive where i save all my documents, videos, photos, files and just everything important to me in it. Last night I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to windows 10 in order to restore my computer to the factory setting which it required 32...
  8. Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media

Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media: Hello. Should I create my USB Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media for my Windows 10 PC when its right out of the box - before the first set of Windows updates?...
  9. Creating recovery media

Creating recovery media: My computer is continually freezing. Is it too late to create a recovery USB thourgh the HP Support Assistant? Does Windows need to be in full functioning condition for a recovery media to be made? 129809
  10. Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator: I tried to create a recovery drive on Dell Inspiron 13 7000 according to these instructions. My OS is Windows 10 build 1803 17134.523 (why this cannot be copied?!) The USB key is a brand new 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3, checked for errors, formatted first with NTFS,...