Windows 10: What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be?

Discus and support What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was getting some login prompts for this application. I removed my windows email account from Outlook and re-added it and it looks like the prompting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkTiede, May 22, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be?

I was getting some login prompts for this application. I removed my windows email account from Outlook and re-added it and it looks like the prompting has stopped. However, now I am worried if I have some sort of virus in the searchprotocolhost.exe. What size should the file be? Or how else can I detect if something is wrong with it? I scanned with Defender and it says it is ok.

The file I have is dated 2/28/2019 and is 406kb (415,744 bytes and on disk 417,792 bytes) in size.

I'm running windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

:)

MarkTiede, May 22, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 22, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, May 22, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. What size should searchprotocolhost.exe be? - Similar Threads - size should searchprotocolhost

2. What should I set the paging file size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I set the paging file size in Windows 10?: I saw many articles on internet where it says if the paging file size is set to Automatic then windows can slow down my computer when it's dynamically changing paging file size. Is it true? What is the best setting for my computer in 2022? I have 8GB RAM & 250 GB m.2 SSD....
  3. What should I set the paging file size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I set the paging file size in Windows 10?: I saw many articles on internet where it says if the paging file size is set to Automatic then windows can slow down my computer when it's dynamically changing paging file size. Is it true? What is the best setting for my computer in 2022? I have 8GB RAM & 250 GB m.2 SSD....
  4. What should I set the paging file size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?: What is the just sufficient size of the recovery partition in windows 11? I have recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, I am partitioning C-drive to create other drives using the inbuilt disk management utility.I can see here that there are two recovery...
  6. What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should be the size of recovery partition in windows 11?: What is the just sufficient size of the recovery partition in windows 11? I have recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, I am partitioning C-drive to create other drives using the inbuilt disk management utility.I can see here that there are two recovery...
  7. What is Cats2.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Cats2.exe: W10 ver 1909 There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it there and from what I can find makes me suspicious since it runs all the time. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?...
  8. What is this snmpdm64.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this snmpdm64.exe: It’s a service that is suddenly running on my windows 10 Is there a way to check when it got installed or started It is in syswow64 directory Can’t seem To find anything about this exe online submitted by /u/thrvy5545 [link] [comments]...
  9. What size should my Windows 10 partition be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What size should my Windows 10 partition be?: My current install drive for Windows 10 is a 128GB SSD. However upon discovering that its Reallocated Sector Count is slowly climbing I've decided to replace it before it goes tits up. I've opted to go with a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME drive instead. I'm tempted to just bung...
  10. SearchProtocolHost virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SearchProtocolHost virus: How do I remove the SearchProtocolHost.exe virus? Windows 10 Defender blocked it from executing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/searchprotocolhost-virus/85de98f6-675a-44a8-a67b-a3ab8f29b456"