Windows 10: What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer?

Discus and support What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought my current computer, a Toshiba Satellite, orginally to write my resume and do job hunting online. For various health reasons now I find that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jayv2251, Feb 24, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer?

I bought my current computer, a Toshiba Satellite, orginally to write my resume and do job hunting online. For various health reasons now I find that I'm now restricted to working from home. So this laptop I had been using for basically internet browsing, going social media sites like Facebook, and Twitter is now strictly a business machine.

I had already begun the process of doing so by dumping off all my games. I don't have time to play them anyways, so they just took up hard drive space. Now I'm rather frustrated about this next bit, I had been told on these forums several times, that Windows Defender and Windows Firewall were good enough. Well, they weren't, I got hit with a Trojan last week! I'm rather lucky I have a Walmart near by that's open 24hrs!

So here I was at 2am (now Sunday morning) installing Kaspersky Internet Suite. I was lucky that only one file was screw up in all this Unforitunily it was a rather important one.....my Microsoft Edge favorites folder with all my links to all the companies I had either applied to or was about to!!!! Lesson learned, I've been advised by some good folks over at Piriform (whom make cCleaner) that Marcium Reflect is a rather good back-up software.

So I have Kaspersky installed and paid for. I have the free version of cCleaner, which I will upgrade to the paid pro version once my next contract starts at home. I'm going to immediate download and install Marcium Reflect so I can get on with rebuilding my Favorites again. What other software would you suggest I should look into to, to keep my business computer safe, sound, protected, and running at peak performance?

:)

jayv2251, Feb 24, 2017

2. What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

Anything new with WINmo 6.5 or some of the new Android phones coming out:

- Memory capacity - N97 has NO MEMORY, the MINI has double the RAM. Think about that!

- FM transmiter - Works at a range of 2 feet - a cable would be better anyway into the car stereo

- Widgets - are you kidding me?????

- FM Radio - yeah sure that is good, but whatever

- Great resolution when you watch movies - no h264 on the n97 mate, sure most other phones do this fine, my HP Ipaq from 2001 plays more movies than the n97 (it has skype as well!!)

- 5MP camera - yeah until it is scratched

-REAL MULTITASK phone - WINmo can do it, Android can do it, even the pre can do it....

I feel hooped for getting the N97, everything is there, but nothing works as it should. Thankfully since this AM i dont have any out of memory errors, but I am sure they will return just when I don't need them to.

At this point anything is better - to be honest, I've had my eyes on the n900 - but unless Nokia fixes my n97, i wont throw them another dime so long as I live, nor will I allow the 30 people i have sent Nokias way to get another one.

Fix. My. Phone.

rasmus---01, Feb 24, 2017
  3. gazpeiti Win User
    What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

2 days ago my N97 stopped working, I had to turned off for some reason, and when I turned it on the screen was frozen. (Nokia logo)

I was so afraid of sending my phone out for repair, with the possibility of getting a new N97 and lose all my apps from the OVI store + all the information that I have on my phone. What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer? :( lucky me, after attemping 10 more times, my phone worked.

It came through my mind the possibility of getting a new phone, but wich one?, Iphone, HTC, Omnia, Android phone? Lets face it, there is no phone in the market with all the capabilities than the N97 has. No phone gets even closer:

- Memory capacity

- FM transmiter

- Widgets

- FM Radio

- Great resolution when you watch movies

- 5MP camera

- REAL MULTITASK phone ( over 8 apps open and no issues at all ) What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer? :)

- etc

This morning I updated my phone to the new firmware (2.0XXX), IMHO I would say the firmware is not a mayor improvement, still some bugs to be fixed but, it runs a bit faster. C memory still the same and some other stuff that we all know the phone still has.
    So, What would you buy, if you have to return your N97?

For me, maybe I will switch to Android OS when my N97 gets obsolete.

gazpeiti, Feb 24, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Malwarebytes 3 paid version in your case as business pc.

cereberus, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

1. What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer? - Similar Threads - software consider must

2. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  3. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  4. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the...: Split from this thread.I'd like to pose another question , if i may . Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the same internet connection for your Windows and Macos. For instance , try to connect to Windows when you are outside...
  6. Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the...

Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the...: Split from this thread.I'd like to pose another question , if i may . Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the same internet connection for your Windows and Macos. For instance , try to connect to Windows when you are outside...
  7. Is it possible to connect to the computer Windows considering that you are not using the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Would you be knowing what might have caused this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Would you be knowing what might have caused this?: Below is what I have got after opening the mini dump in WinDbg preview. Would you be able to tell me what might have caused this crash at first place?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump...
  9. What software would you use?

What software would you use?: If you wanted to create a simple program on your Computer using the Parallel or Serial port as the I/O, what software would you use to write the program? I want to write a little program that sends series of code to my Computer Controlled Ham Radio, which will set. among...
  10. Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider: Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider Written by Gavin Phillips October 12, 2015 Windows 10 maintenance has changed. What does that mean for you? It means improvements to Recovery, and Security, while Windows Update is operating a...