Windows 10: What step am I missing?

Discus and support What step am I missing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Linux mint installed on my HP computer and I wanted to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the proper ISO files from Microsoft and thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tek098, Jun 28, 2020.

1. /u/tek098 Win User

What step am I missing?

I have Linux mint installed on my HP computer and I wanted to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the proper ISO files from Microsoft and thought I copied them onto my USB. It was about 5.3 or something gigabytes. Took about 15 minutes for it to copy. Before that on Linux I formatted the USB so it was clean and ready to go. But when I go into BIOS on my computer and select boot from USB in the order it won't allow me to boot from that USB with Windows 10. It just keeps booting into Linux. Am I missing a step?

submitted by /u/tek098
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tek098, Jun 28, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 28, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jun 28, 2020
  4. What step am I missing?

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

What step am I missing?

1. What step am I missing? - Similar Threads - step missing

2. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  3. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  4. Missing "Add Comment" button in Steps Recorder after upgrade to Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Add Comment" button in Steps Recorder after upgrade to Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2: Always used the "Add Comment" button while recording steps in "Steps Recorder". The "Add Comment" being available during recording allows to add information which is available on each specific step. Another advantage of having the "Add Comment" button while recording the...
  5. Missing "Add Comment" button in Steps Recorder after upgrade to Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2

Missing "Add Comment" button in Steps Recorder after upgrade to Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2: Always used the "Add Comment" button while recording steps in "Steps Recorder". The "Add Comment" being available during recording allows to add information which is available on each specific step. Another advantage of having the "Add Comment" button while recording the...
  6. Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe & AppCompat registry missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe & AppCompat registry missing?: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsAppCompat is not listed at allC:\Windows\System32 missing PSR.exeIs there a way to download the Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe program?Windows 10 enterprise company computersecurity says they are not blocking it...
  7. Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe & AppCompat registry missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe & AppCompat registry missing?: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsAppCompat is not listed at allC:\Windows\System32 missing PSR.exeIs there a way to download the Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe program?Windows 10 enterprise company computersecurity says they are not blocking it...
  8. Problems Step Recorder PSR.exe & AppCompat registry missing?

9. I'm missing steps for restoring Windows 10 from a USB-drive WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm missing steps for restoring Windows 10 from a USB-drive WindowsImageBackup: I've a laptop with Windows 10 Home.In the recent past I created a system image onto an external USB HDD. I see the WindowsImageBackup directory on that external drive.I also have a USB stick that will boot into an emergency mode -- Recover from a Drive, Use a Device, etc.That...
  10. Windows Support Article steps fail because a step is missing:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Support Article steps fail because a step is missing:: Hi and Thank you.Your Support Article located at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-updating-windows-188c2b0f-10a7-d72f-65b8-32d177eb136c is missing a required step under 'Advanced' > 'Rename Software Distribution Folders'.Your steps say to run...