Windows 10: What tests can I run? PC freezing

Discus and support What tests can I run? PC freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by easypeas, Jul 1, 2019.

1. easypeas Win User

What tests can I run? PC freezing

Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.

I tried everything suggested here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-still-freezing-dpc-watchdog-violation/8e1d3588-34f9-44dc-8dfd-7fb73bb08db3

I've tried using an old graphics driver from before the problem started and it still crashed so I think we can rule out a driver problem.

Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKfJ6TiUf3qgZUN88sLS7_Q_x2Ofg

Could it be the hardware? What tests can I run?

:)

easypeas, Jul 1, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 1, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. What tests can I run? PC freezing - Similar Threads - tests run freezing

2. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I test what is causing my stuttering.: I am having a weird issue with my input. My keyboard is stuttering, stops typing and then finishes my inputs extra fast. During this stutter the input speed is not lining up with the display on screen speed. I thought it might be the keyboard so I uninstalled the logi+...
  3. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I test what is causing my stuttering.: I am having a weird issue with my input. My keyboard is stuttering, stops typing and then finishes my inputs extra fast. During this stutter the input speed is not lining up with the display on screen speed. I thought it might be the keyboard so I uninstalled the logi+...
  4. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC crashing in games but running fine in stress tests

PC crashing in games but running fine in stress tests: Hi all,Recently started suffering an increasing number of BSODs until i was then stuck on Automatic Repair loop and couldn't actually log into the PC. Have had two clean installs of Windows with a PC technician but issue just seems to keep happening.To note, this is only in...
  6. How can I run a test on my PC to see if I can go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

How can I run a test on my PC to see if I can go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?: I want to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1,How can I run a test on my PC to see if I have the minium requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-test-on-my-pc-to-see-if-i-can-go/ee4c01ea-b5c2-4918-aa49-efbd5f30eae2
  7. How can I run a test on my PC to see if I can go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I run a test on my PC to see if I can go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?: I want to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1,How can I run a test on my PC to see if I have the minium requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-test-on-my-pc-to-see-if-i-can-go/ee4c01ea-b5c2-4918-aa49-efbd5f30eae2
  8. How can I run a test on my PC to see if I can go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

9. I can not start my cam I am running wind 10. It runs when I run test

I can not start my cam I am running wind 10. It runs when I run test: I can use cam it runs when I run test but can not start it up I amusing windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-start-my-cam-i-am-running-wind-10-it/bba7d8bd-2826-44a1-bf6f-ebca5eafeabd
  10. What games can I run with these specs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What games can I run with these specs?: What games can I run with these specs? Playable games and I don't worry if I play at the lowest settings in game. Thanks!! [img] [img] PS : I know the driver date is old of the graphics lol , I will upgrade to version 15.33.36.64.4226 or to the latest version...