Windows 10: what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing.

Discus and support what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi there, I have been networking easy for about 20 years its easy. I have 2 computers 1. i7 16gig 1tb window 10 pro 2. i7 16gig 4tb window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nemisisbehindu, Feb 14, 2019.

1. what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing.

hi there,

I have been networking easy for about 20 years its easy.

I have 2 computers

1. i7 16gig 1tb window 10 pro

2. i7 16gig 4tb window 10 home (not putting my pro key yet I got to move the mb and such to another case)

but pro vs home shouldn't damn madder its simple networking and sharing.

after pc 2 took an update last night to 1809 (pc 1 took the 1809 update 2 days ago)

the shares are not detecting from each pc.

they are cat5e and about oh 3 feet apart through a 1gig hub 8 ports.

this works easily until this update.

what did m$ break?

pc 1 see's pc 1 in its network> area

and pc 2 see's pc1 and pc2 in network > area

but if you click on pc1 from pc2 its an error can't find it.

I've tried the \\10.0.0.100\pc1 from pc2 where the share names are verified, they are both on the same domain as always WORKGROUP. etc.. and it times out can't see the other pc, as in WTF?I turned off defender firewall on both (damn thing always turn back on after a major update)

I'd call in for support but I used to run a call centre for m$ dear god I'd rather chew my nails off my fingers.

I don't need to be reminded of how sharing works. I've networked more pc's then most people have seen sunrises.

I was shocked I thought I fubar'd something pc1 running headless atm. so I put a monitor/kb/mouse on pc1 and voila ssdd.

so anyone got the answer? me to is fine after googling I was holy **** looks like this has been happening since November or since the magic October update which I ripped apart my local pc and unplugged thought I had a virus when all my external hd (18tb) disappeared after that update. I should have known so before I go wiping. and reformatting I need to move about 550g to 2tb empty hd.

Rob

:)

nemisisbehindu, Feb 14, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

1809 breaks network browsing?

Sorry for your troubles. I'm not sure what to suggest next, except perhaps the "Shared Folders" troubleshooter under the Network and Internet heading. May not do much good, though (I think it works by doing automatically what you've already tried manually). Worth a try, perhaps?

what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing. [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing.

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing.

1. what the h3lll did m$ do to break network sharing. - Similar Threads - h3lll did break

2. Why did Ruth do what she did

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Ruth do what she did: Why did Ruth do what she did babiiannii14 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-ruth-do-what-she-did/28863fed-ba72-44f9-8869-fc7e0668de62
  3. Why did Ruth do what she did

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Ruth do what she did: Why did Ruth do what she did babiiannii14 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-ruth-do-what-she-did/28863fed-ba72-44f9-8869-fc7e0668de62
  4. Why did Ruth do what she did

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Do NOT do what I did

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do NOT do what I did: I copied an image from my files and went to put it in a folder on my desktop. I accidentally hit paste after I right-clicked. This caused my screen to constantly flash white. If I right-clicked on the background it would flash white. I tried to change my background, that did...
  6. What did I do wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did I do wrong?: What did I do wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-did-i-do-wrong/35e1d3f9-e65d-4b04-a52b-410549a44cc1
  7. Why and how did Microsoft break file sharing and remote access?

Why and how did Microsoft break file sharing and remote access?: I have two computers. Both of them are running Windows 10. I use the same Microsoft account "email@address" on both of them to log in. However .... I cannot use remote desktop to connect from one to the other. I'm on Desktop trying to connect to Server, and I have used...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Breaks Network File/Folder Sharing

Windows 10 1903 Breaks Network File/Folder Sharing: I am extremely frustrated again. I went through the hades of MS removing Homegroups back in 5/2018, and it was only through Pauli O's heroic instructions that I was able to get things properly shared again. Various MS updates have subsequently broken sharing, but I've been...
  9. Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares: [ATTACH] In the picture above, RUMCAJS refers to the Windows 10-computer with a freshly installed Fall Creators Update, and AKI is another computer - running Windows 7 - with an HP LaserJet 6L attached to it. You can see that the printer is visible to RUMCAJS, and that I've...
  10. What did I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What did I do?: Based on everyones comments about Windows Defender, I removed my anti-virus, Panda, and will try Defender for a while. I started a quick scan for Defender. Halfway thru, it says "Status: partially unprotected." ????? Definitions up to date. No idea what that means. Theres no...