Windows 10: What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

Discus and support What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried updating windows, it is up to date. I've tried deleting the microsoft store cache to get it to open but that didn't work, i've reset by pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RetiredGeralt, Jun 13, 2020.

1. What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

I have tried updating windows, it is up to date. I've tried deleting the microsoft store cache to get it to open but that didn't work, i've reset by pc a dozen times. Also can't even open the "feedback hub" from my start menu, it does the same thing. What the heck!? Video down below showing what is happening

Edit: Forgot to add, I can't even open a photo.jpg file on my desktop. I get an error saying "the app didn't start" Also windows media player wont play any videos

https://youtu.be/de6ZfduJ2VQ

submitted by /u/RetiredGeralt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RetiredGeralt, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jun 13, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

1. What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open - Similar Threads - heck going Nothing

2. What the heck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  3. What the heck??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck??!!: what the heck, I just found this today. Is there somebody who has a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/330e12dc-aa19-40fd-9292-a4ccb8a5d83e
  4. What the heck is going on with this new update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  5. What the heck is going on with this new update?

What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  6. What the heck???

What the heck???: I was on Facebook and this popped up... I have never seen this message before... what is it???I am running...Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2022 OS build 22621.819 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0...
  7. What the heck is going on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is going on...: Quick story: I am playing a video game and my computer all of a sudden freezes and the fan goes wild. It won't unfreeze so I shut it off by pressing the power button. When I turned it back on, the computer is in safe mode. I restart it out of safe mode to find that the game I...
  8. What the Heck is This?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What the Heck is This?: I've recently created a few restore points and tonight, for some bizarre reason, i get this error dialog notice! What does it mean? Why did this even happen? How do i correct it? Thanks you all [img] 145566
  9. Gatek. What the heck is it? I've Googled and nothing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gatek. What the heck is it? I've Googled and nothing.: I have a couple of new computers as of a year ago. Windows 10. Could someone explain particularly what 'GATEK' is. When it comes to getting round my computer, this is quite mystifying as for the difference it represents from older OSs. Also I'm having a terrible time with...
  10. what the heck is going on with my pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what the heck is going on with my pc?: iam restraining myself from using brazen language here...seems like everytime i turn on pc, i hear that familiar low buzzing sound -the pc is probaley inserting an update patch again..tonight, the pc was unresponsive for nearly 30 minutes. programs and even start menu didnt...