Windows 10: What the heck is going on...

Discus and support What the heck is going on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Quick story: I am playing a video game and my computer all of a sudden freezes and the fan goes wild. It won't unfreeze so I shut it off by pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Simcho_11, Oct 10, 2020.

1. What the heck is going on...

Quick story: I am playing a video game and my computer all of a sudden freezes and the fan goes wild. It won't unfreeze so I shut it off by pressing the power button. When I turned it back on, the computer is in safe mode. I restart it out of safe mode to find that the game I was playing has curiously uninstalled itself (on steam) and I no longer have a GeForce graphics driver. I try to redownload my graphics driver, but it keeps saying that the graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I try to update my windows, but the update keeps failing. What is even going on???

submitted by /u/Simcho_11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Simcho_11, Oct 10, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • What the heck is going on... [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2020
  4. arterius2 Win User

What the heck is going on...

SGI Resets the Bar on Network Attached Storage

"Pricing information is available upon request."

What the heck does that mean? just list the damn price, or give an estimate of one. why would i (or anyone) want to go through all the stupid annoying steps just to know if these units would fit my envelope.

arterius2, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

What the heck is going on...

1. What the heck is going on... - Similar Threads - heck going

2. What the heck is going on with this new update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  3. What the heck is going on with this new update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the heck is going on with this new update?: Since the update whenever that was, my wifi hasn't worked the same. I cannot connect to it. My wifi adapter on my computer laptop is updated, the driver is updated, EVERYTHING is updated. I wanna know what the heck is going on! Did something flip when the update happened and...
  4. Heres my mini dump can somebody tell me what the heck is going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Heres my mini dump can somebody tell me what the heck is going on with my PC?: I probably get a crash a day and it usually happens while on Youtube. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my video drivers but I've tried using DDU to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them but it hasn't worked. This all started about a month ago when I...
  5. Heres my mini dump can somebody tell me what the heck is going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Heres my mini dump can somebody tell me what the heck is going on with my PC?: I probably get a crash a day and it usually happens while on Youtube. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my video drivers but I've tried using DDU to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them but it hasn't worked. This all started about a month ago when I...
  6. Heres my mini dump can somebody tell me what the heck is going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What the heck is going on? This is my computer but it says Administator won't allow me to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What the heck is going on? This is my computer but it says Administator won't allow me to...: But I am the only user on this computer and the administrator. Why the heck does it say the Administrator won't let me install it? I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!!! I have to install Winrar. What is going on?...
  8. What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open: I have tried updating windows, it is up to date. I've tried deleting the microsoft store cache to get it to open but that didn't work, i've reset by pc a dozen times. Also can't even open the "feedback hub" from my start menu, it does the same thing. What the heck!? Video...
  9. What the heck is going on here? My drive is apparently “full” but only 466gb is actually...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is going on here? My drive is apparently “full” but only 466gb is actually...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gkaret [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frjnjn/what_the_heck_is_going_on_here_my_drive_is/
  10. What the heck is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What the heck is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse...?: What the heck is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse...? Ever since the 1809 update (and subsequent updates) the mouse won't select when you click on things the first time you click, and sometimes it won't on the second or third time either... I've...