Windows 10: What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft

Discus and support What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a brand new 1440p 165hz monitor yesterday, first ever upgrade over 1080p60hz. I like it, it's alright, but I spent more on it to get one with HDR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Whyisnthillaryinjail, Jun 9, 2020.

1. What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft

Got a brand new 1440p 165hz monitor yesterday, first ever upgrade over 1080p60hz. I like it, it's alright, but I spent more on it to get one with HDR. I'm aware cheap HDR isn't good HDR but I figured hey, more colors is more colors, right?

I didn't know that Windows is critically flawed and anything that changes the screen with HDR + a game running causes a 2-5s black screen. What the fuck? And looking at Google it's been like this for at least over a year now with no fix across multiple versions of Windows. What the fuck?

Yeah I guess I can live with it but again, what the fuck? How do they consider this acceptable? I'm kind of mad about it.

P.s. wow this sub has an anti swear word tattle-bot. So much for "you can swear on Reddit"

submitted by /u/Whyisnthillaryinjail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Whyisnthillaryinjail, Jun 9, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft

Thagstrom, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft

1. What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft - Similar Threads - HECK HDR flaw

2. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  3. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  4. What the heck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  5. What the heck?

What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  6. What the heck??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck??!!: what the heck, I just found this today. Is there somebody who has a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/330e12dc-aa19-40fd-9292-a4ccb8a5d83e
  7. What the heck???

What the heck???: I was on Facebook and this popped up... I have never seen this message before... what is it???I am running...Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2022 OS build 22621.819 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0...
  8. What the heck, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck, Microsoft?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carameliii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk6zcn/what_the_heck_microsoft/
  9. What the Heck is This?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What the Heck is This?: I've recently created a few restore points and tonight, for some bizarre reason, i get this error dialog notice! What does it mean? Why did this even happen? How do i correct it? Thanks you all [img] 145566
  10. WHat the heck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHat the heck: WD 1 TB drive shows 100% used in Windows 10, show 931gb free in Windows 8..what the heck is going on there? 112475