Windows 10: What the heck is this on my screen?

Discus and support What the heck is this on my screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop went to sleep. I tried waking it up and the screen is just a bunch of "e)"s on a blue background. More and more "e)"s showed up and I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windows8thumba, May 19, 2016.

1. What the heck is this on my screen?

My laptop went to sleep. I tried waking it up and the screen is just a bunch of "e)"s on a blue background. More and more "e)"s showed up and I just hard restarted it after like ten seconds. Can somebody tell me what's going on? I think it could be I also connected external hard drive and it was taking slow and it's got some weird thing going on.
    What the heck is this on my screen? [​IMG]

:)

windows8thumba, May 19, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

what the heck is this program?

Liam,

That is not normal. A fault has caused that entry to appear.

Try Shawn's link to remove this [it is likely to be quicker then using Windows own tools to change the association but there is nothing to stop you trying that instead - Control panel, Default programs gets you into it].

Denis

Tryx3, May 19, 2016
  3. what the heck is this program?

Here's the windows paint trimmed version of the image
    What the heck is this on my screen? [​IMG]

SirMrBloxx, May 19, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

What the heck is this on my screen?

That looks more like graphic card driver corruption while waking up.

CountMike, May 19, 2016
Thema:

What the heck is this on my screen?

1. What the heck is this on my screen? - Similar Threads - heck screen

2. Why the heck does Microsoft always suddenly shut my computer down? Then, when my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the heck does Microsoft always suddenly shut my computer down? Then, when my computer...: I see this problem every time, and it is getting annoying.My computer always get shut down after I install Windows 11. And, I have to restart everytime.I have 62.4 free space. Everytime I have to restart, it takes away 7GB free space of mine, and NEVER gives me back the free...
  3. Why the heck does Microsoft always suddenly shut my computer down? Then, when my computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the heck does Microsoft always suddenly shut my computer down? Then, when my computer...: I see this problem every time, and it is getting annoying.My computer always get shut down after I install Windows 11. And, I have to restart everytime.I have 62.4 free space. Everytime I have to restart, it takes away 7GB free space of mine, and NEVER gives me back the free...
  4. How the heck can I get windows to reactivate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the heck can I get windows to reactivate?: I recently restored a backup after my OS drive died.I've gone through all the troubleshooting things to get it to reactivate after. However they all fail.I've tried multiple times for MS to call me entering the number as requested, but MS does not call.I'm at a loss of what...
  5. How the heck can I get windows to reactivate?

How the heck can I get windows to reactivate?: I recently restored a backup after my OS drive died.I've gone through all the troubleshooting things to get it to reactivate after. However they all fail.I've tried multiple times for MS to call me entering the number as requested, but MS does not call.I'm at a loss of what...
  6. Ok... what the heck! After recent Windows 11 update Indexing Service is disabled and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok... what the heck! After recent Windows 11 update Indexing Service is disabled and...: Ok... what the heck! After recent Windows 11 update Indexing Service is disabled and cannot start!!!! How the heck does Microsoft get all this **** so wrong?Anyway, when I try to start Windows Search Indexing I get the following error message:Windows Search is disabled and...
  7. Screen just hecked off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen just hecked off: i was playing minecraft, but the window just decides to slide to the left, i dont own another monitor btw, and the sounds can still be heard, but the discord audio happened to do the same thing, window slides to the left, or just closed when it did.i’m assuming that it...
  8. Screen just hecked off

Screen just hecked off: i was playing minecraft, but the window just decides to slide to the left, i dont own another monitor btw, and the sounds can still be heard, but the discord audio happened to do the same thing, window slides to the left, or just closed when it did.i’m assuming that it...
  9. How the heck does Windows 10 not have a screen size detector??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How the heck does Windows 10 not have a screen size detector??: I thought it would be common sense for a feature to detect the right resolution for your monitor. I remember Windows 7 having that feature, but 10 predictably stripped a lot of the best and most convenient features. Now, I have to waste my time updating display adaptors,...
  10. 2 windows update errors + 2 blue screens with same error, what the heck???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 windows update errors + 2 blue screens with same error, what the heck???: I recently switched back from Ubuntu 19.04 to Windows 10 on my laptop as it wouldn't let me do anything unless I fixed the "aptdaemon" software (whatever that stuff is). I tried installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, but it wouldn't let me install, more than likely because I didn't use...