Windows 10: What the heck is this that an update just installed???

Discus and support What the heck is this that an update just installed??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] And the open envelope icon is in my taskbar, which launches this. But I have no idea what it is?? I didn't ask for it? What is it? 93357 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SkylineW10, Sep 12, 2017.

1. What the heck is this that an update just installed???

What the heck is this that an update just installed??? [​IMG]

And the open envelope icon is in my taskbar, which launches this. But I have no idea what it is?? I didn't ask for it? What is it?

:)

SkylineW10, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

what the heck is this program?

Liam,

That is not normal. A fault has caused that entry to appear.

Try Shawn's link to remove this [it is likely to be quicker then using Windows own tools to change the association but there is nothing to stop you trying that instead - Control panel, Default programs gets you into it].

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 12, 2017
  3. what the heck is this program?

Here's the windows paint trimmed version of the image
    What the heck is this that an update just installed??? [​IMG]

SirMrBloxx, Sep 12, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

What the heck is this that an update just installed???

Windows Mail email client.

simrick, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Sorry, I'm just a low-tech-knowledge user! What is it exactly? Is it something I need? If not, can I uninstall it? I use Outlook and that's fine, I don't need another mail facility.

SkylineW10, Sep 12, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    No problem. Windows Mail is part of W10. You can just right-click the icon in the taskbar and select UNPIN. It's a very down-and-dirty email client for people who need one and don't have Outlook. That's all. Just unpin it from the taskbar - it's a very small app, and won't bother anything.

simrick, Sep 12, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    You can use CCleaner to uninstall most of that stuff (i.e. that MS does not explicitly allow on the Start menu's context menu)... however as Simrick says, they are not resource hogs, so unpinning is fine - but if you are like me, as in not wanting uninvited guests?... there you go *Smile

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What the heck is this that an update just installed???

1. What the heck is this that an update just installed??? - Similar Threads - heck update installed

2. What the heck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  3. What the heck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  4. What the heck??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck??!!: what the heck, I just found this today. Is there somebody who has a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/330e12dc-aa19-40fd-9292-a4ccb8a5d83e
  5. What the heck??!!

What the heck??!!: what the heck, I just found this today. Is there somebody who has a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/330e12dc-aa19-40fd-9292-a4ccb8a5d83e
  6. What the heck???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck???: I was on Facebook and this popped up... I have never seen this message before... what is it???I am running...Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2022 OS build 22621.819 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0...
  7. What the heck???

What the heck???: I was on Facebook and this popped up... I have never seen this message before... what is it???I am running...Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2022 OS build 22621.819 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0...
  8. What the heck just happened?

in Windows 10 Support
    What the heck just happened?: Five-year old Dell desktop with OEM Win10. Five-months ago, thought SSD C-drive was caput. After buying new SSD and installing Win10 on same, got the old SSD to work as an extra drive that wasn't being used. Things have been running fine until . . . Yesterday, Windows...
  9. What the Heck is This?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What the Heck is This?: I've recently created a few restore points and tonight, for some bizarre reason, i get this error dialog notice! What does it mean? Why did this even happen? How do i correct it? Thanks you all [img] 145566
  10. WHat the heck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHat the heck: WD 1 TB drive shows 100% used in Windows 10, show 931gb free in Windows 8..what the heck is going on there? 112475