Windows 10: What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious?

Discus and support What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone actually read these instructions and not be confused, has to be about the biggest pile of garbage I have seen written in my entire life, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcman50, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious?

Can anyone actually read these instructions and not be confused, has to be about the biggest pile of garbage I have seen written in my entire life, I am a well educated man and this just comes off as insanely difficult to understand.

Microsoft...please hire some professional document writers that can write sensible instructions.

horrid instructions link: https://support.office.com/en-ca/art...9-ee3f9bfc1504

TC *Banghead*Banghead

:)

tcman50, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Rose Ter Win User

what the heck is wrong with microsoft photos app

Hi,

To better assist you regarding the “Microsoft Photos App issue”, please clarify the following:

• Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 2, 2015
  3. what the heck is wrong with microsoft photos app

So this has happened before, where my photos app refuses to respond. last time it opened for a brief second and then closed down. the only solution i had found was to completely delete and reinstall windows 10 again, and my computer isn't even 3 months
    old yet. now my photos app refuses to even open for a brief second. when i click on a photo, it says i dont have an app to open it with. and when i try to open the photos app from the start menu, its as if i clicked on an empty space. no response at all. my
    windows and windows store is up-to-date, and i have also tried running troubleshooter, as well as "check for updates" in windows store. Microsoft what is happening?????

AnotherGirl, Sep 2, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

I used to have trouble with "English Majors" when I worked at NASA/Goddard as a Telemetry Engineer for the Apollo tracking stations. We would write tech instructions/PM Procedures, etc., exactly as it need to be followed, and the documentation writers would "grammatically correct" our instructions and it would be wrong. We would have to "fight" them to get it printed the way it was supposed to be.

fireberd, Sep 2, 2015
  5. mrpumpkin Win User
    That's pretty bad. Here is a rewrite

The OneDrive app makes it easier to manage shared folders and edit their contents. You can work with shared folders while offline by syncing the folder to your computer using the OneDrive app. It works for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.

mrpumpkin, Sep 2, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Come on, why would they have someone else re write what they paid experts to do *Think

Instructions are clear and simple to me *Smile

AddRAM, Sep 2, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    It is a great feature. You can get 2x the amount (or more depending how many accounts you set up) of free storage.

I have 2 MS accounts with 30GB free on each so now I can now sync 60GB through OneDrive just by sharing folders in one account with the other.

That probably isn't very clear either though...

lx07, Sep 2, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

Thats because you and people like Brink are computer prodigies , "beings" from another planet that can do anything (especially brink , he's mind boggling, cannot be human) .

I am a bottom feeder as far as computer stuff is concerned , it takes me a good 20 minutes to outwit the log in screen .

fredc, Sep 2, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    *Roflmao2

Is this your PC ?

Wy are you using a log in screen ?

Unless you`re purely joking *Smile

AddRAM, Sep 2, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    Well i am joking (not about you and brink) but as far as myself is concerned it's not far from the truth lol. So, no log in screen needed , will research that , thank you my friend.

What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious? [​IMG]

fredc, Sep 2, 2015
  11. mrpumpkin Win User
    Thought it had to be when "someone" shared the folder, but I guess that applies. You are someone, and in this instance, someone = your self.
    Rather, it's shared folders and permissions, like you demonstrated. Thx for the info btw.

mrpumpkin, Sep 3, 2015
  12. Kari Win User
    The instructions are clear and easy to understand, even someone as absentminded than me, a non-native English speaker can get it by reading the instructions once. The only fault I found is that whoever has written that document has not used a line break before the screenshots thus making the document visually quite messy.

In the screenshot the red arrows mark the spots where a line break needs to be added:

What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious? [​IMG]

That's not how it works. This new feature does not give you a single KB extra storage.

Let's say that you have created one root folder on both of your OneDrives, we call them OD1 and OD2. You store everything on both OD1 and OD2 under the single root folder, and then share this root folder on both OneDrives.

OD1 has 20GB files, OD2 15GB, so now OD1 can see and use its own 20GB and the 15GB of shared files from OD2, a total of 35GB. OD2 can see the same 35GB, its own 15GB and 20GB from OD1. You can now add 10GB content to OD1 until it is full (30GB), and you can add 15GB content to OD2 until it, too is full (30GB).

If you, using OD1, add content to the folder OD2 has shared, it will decrease the OD2's remaining quota. However you think of it, whatever you do, you still have only 60GB (2*30GB) OneDrive storage, not 120GB.

13. mrpumpkin Win User

The opening paragraph is not clear. I found it tedious, and not to the point -- Rambling. Then it jumps into a graphic presentation, which you admit, is flawed. I guess you love it like a parent loves their 4th grader playing clarinet.

mrpumpkin, Sep 3, 2015
  14. AddRAM Win User
    I never read where he thought he had 120 GB *Smile

AddRAM, Sep 3, 2015
  15. lx07 Win User
    That was exactly my point, perhaps I wasn't clear. Before I could only sync 30GB using the OneDrive app as you could only use one account (I had to use the web interface for the second). Now I can sync the full 60GB (total) with 2 accounts and, presumably, 90GB (total) with 3 and so on.

I (because I have 2 MS accounts) now have 60GB (total) not 30GB that can be synched through the app. I never said anything about 120GB - I know the amount of free space I have is the same (2 accounts x 30GB) but now I can sync it all through the app whereas before I couldn't.

It is an excellent improvement (if you don't have Office 365 of course) as using the web interface is a chore.

Thema:

1. What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious? - Similar Threads - heck wrong Microsoft

2. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  3. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  4. What the heck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  5. What the heck?

What the heck?: So United States English doesn't seem to support text to speech...VERY BIG HMMMIs this a problem with my PC or with Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/507d6c7f-5345-447f-a75b-d479be6fbd3b
  6. What the heck??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the heck??!!: what the heck, I just found this today. Is there somebody who has a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-heck/330e12dc-aa19-40fd-9292-a4ccb8a5d83e
  7. What the heck???

What the heck???: I was on Facebook and this popped up... I have never seen this message before... what is it???I am running...Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎23/‎2022 OS build 22621.819 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0...
  8. What the heck, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck, Microsoft?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carameliii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk6zcn/what_the_heck_microsoft/
  9. What the Heck is This?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What the Heck is This?: I've recently created a few restore points and tonight, for some bizarre reason, i get this error dialog notice! What does it mean? Why did this even happen? How do i correct it? Thanks you all [img] 145566
  10. what the heck went wrong with edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    what the heck went wrong with edge ?: so i logged onto pc just now and edge browser's configuration has been reset..all my saved bookmarks are gone. have to recreate them. unless during the night it received an anonymous upgrade.. i want to physically strangle this program.*Mad 64415