Windows 10: What the hell has MS done to sound

Discus and support What the hell has MS done to sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Many people who switch between say watching movies and youtube are getting issues. Which leads me to next question - how the hell can i stop updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveSimkins, May 12, 2020.

1. What the hell has MS done to sound

Many people who switch between say watching movies and youtube are getting issues.

Which leads me to next question - how the hell can i stop updates?

Thank you -

:)

SteveSimkins, May 12, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue What the hell has MS done to sound :p

cadaveca, May 12, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 12, 2020
  4. What the hell has MS done to sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 12, 2020
Thema:

What the hell has MS done to sound

1. What the hell has MS done to sound - Similar Threads - hell has done

2. Why has MS done this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has MS done this?: Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything...
  3. Why has MS done this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has MS done this?: Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything...
  4. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  5. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  6. What The Hell Is THIS?

in Windows 10 Support
    What The Hell Is THIS?: Friday night, after a day in the salt mines, I came home, awakened computer from a much-deserved slumber, and saw this!: I didn't click on anything. I was able to 'X' out of the ones on the right and left. I clicked on Desktop, and the 2 in the middle disappeared. Does...
  7. What the hell is this?

in Cortana
    What the hell is this?: I press the windows key and type in a search word and there is a giant black screen that blocks everything.What the hell is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-hell-is-this/38547366-aad7-48eb-b867-c10885b792f3
  8. What the hell is this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the hell is this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/markveluss_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltqa2z/what_the_hell_is_this/
  9. what the hell?

what the hell?: Why does windows need my phone number now? I just want to change my Pin from something else, because my little sister knows it. I can't even do that, because I don't have windows hello??????? and also because I don't have the pound key, which is something I apparently need...
  10. What the hell?

What the hell?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EveningBluebird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eca09q/what_the_hell/