Windows 10: what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!

Discus and support what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/nqqZBUy.png for the past few weeks it pops up at 3 am every morning, crashing my full screen game and then vanishes. today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Heavyoak, Jan 11, 2020.

1. what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!

https://i.imgur.com/nqqZBUy.png

for the past few weeks it pops up at 3 am every morning, crashing my full screen game and then vanishes.

today I played a different game so I could do a screen grab of it.

that's all it does.

no text, no action, just that blank CMD window and nothing.

wtf is Windows 10 x64 pro doing?

submitted by /u/Heavyoak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Heavyoak, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

App quit after 3 days of Windows 10

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key
      and R key together to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe
      and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Method 2:

You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Can't run admin things? (WIN10)

Thank you!! I can finally continue my work. I hope you have a good day, because this sure made my day good. C:

NutikTehWolf, Jan 11, 2020
  4. what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!

Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!

1. what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am! - Similar Threads - hell thing runs

2. What The Hell Is THIS?

in Windows 10 Support
    What The Hell Is THIS?: Friday night, after a day in the salt mines, I came home, awakened computer from a much-deserved slumber, and saw this!: I didn't click on anything. I was able to 'X' out of the ones on the right and left. I clicked on Desktop, and the 2 in the middle disappeared. Does...
  3. What the hell is this?

in Cortana
    What the hell is this?: I press the windows key and type in a search word and there is a giant black screen that blocks everything.What the hell is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-hell-is-this/38547366-aad7-48eb-b867-c10885b792f3
  4. ntoskrnl.exe runs for hours every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ntoskrnl.exe runs for hours every day.: I have noticed that something has been running on my laptop for a while. It is always System, Windows process, ntoskrnl.exe. It runs for hours everyday. It uses about 20 to 30% of cup but no memory. A few days ago I reinstalled Windows. After all updates were done...
  5. What the hell is this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the hell is this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/markveluss_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltqa2z/what_the_hell_is_this/
  6. what the hell?

what the hell?: Why does windows need my phone number now? I just want to change my Pin from something else, because my little sister knows it. I can't even do that, because I don't have windows hello??????? and also because I don't have the pound key, which is something I apparently need...
  7. Same Updates 3 Days Running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same Updates 3 Days Running: 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img] Here is the update history: [img] SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As far as I can tell there are...
  8. Same Updates 3 Days Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Same Updates 3 Days Running: 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img] Here is the update history: [img] SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As fgar as I can tel there are...
  9. What the hell?

What the hell?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EveningBluebird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eca09q/what_the_hell/
  10. 3 events everi day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 events everi day: Nome registro: System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Data: 19/11/2019 13:37:43 ID evento: 41 Categoria attività:(63) Livello: Critico Parole chiave: (70368744177664),(2) Utente: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-VDK4095 Descrizione:...