Windows 10: What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Discus and support What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; You think that is bad? Woke up to this early this morning: [img] So I forced my system to reboot and then upon logging in, within 1 minute I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Jan 26, 2018.

1. johngalt Win User

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

You think that is bad?

Woke up to this early this morning:

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes [​IMG]

So I forced my system to reboot and then upon logging in, within 1 minute I am at this:

30 seconds later I was at this.

So, I killed MB (just quit, not uninstalled) - and went looking for an answer.

And one user here, F14tomcat, maybe, reported 53 GB of system RAM used (out of 64)....

johngalt, Jan 26, 2018

2. It has been fixed maybe someone can upload the fix that other members can't get to??

Josey Wales, Jan 26, 2018
  3. johngalt Win User
    It's not a MB version change, it is a component in MB that has been changed.

You run MB, check for updates, and it should update you to the latest - specifically Update Package 1.0.3803

johngalt, Jan 26, 2018
  4. johngalt Win User

The RAM usage spike is not instantaneous. So, all you have to do is close MB, then restart it, and after is starts, open it and check for updates.

You can see from my (last two) screenshots that it is going to take several minutes before it gets to a point where I cannot do anything because it is using all my RAM. And once it has been killed, your system reverts to normal operation within a few minutes as well.

For those unfortunate to get to a situation similar to what was in my first screen shot, a forced reboot will get you back up and running - with the admonishment that you need to either 1) quit MB until you're ready to update, or 2) immediately after logging on, open MB and check for updates - so that you can prevent it from happening again.

johngalt, Jan 26, 2018
  5. I just kicked off MBAM and hit update. It downloaded and required me to perform a restart to make the Web Protection to take.

Wiley Coyote, Jan 26, 2018
  6. Odd problem here as I've never experienced, of late, any problem with MBAM although I had all kinds of problems when they first introduced version 3.0 which included Web Protection not working. I don't understand either why some mention Update Package 1.0.3803 when I have .3804 unless this just released today.

wordsworth, Jan 27, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    3803 or later will fix the issue. It's all been fixed. I received the 3804 also, as part of the normal auto check for updates.

f14tomcat, Jan 27, 2018
  8. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

So it did update the version today then, thanks for confirming that.

wordsworth, Jan 27, 2018
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    About 3-3:30 ET, I think. All is back to normal. *Smile

f14tomcat, Jan 27, 2018
  10. Cast Win User
  11. johngalt Win User
    Oh, man when they first proposed the new layout for V2 _ was adamantly against it.

Then they revamped it for V3 and I was again against it - but less vehemently, as v2 had grown on me versus the very ancient looking v0.x -- 1.x layout - and I had also started to see the move on my cell phone, when Google pushed Marshmallow to my nexus 6 - so I wasn't as against the layout looking a lot more ... Material Design-ish.

But one thing I've never faulted was the protection that it affords - and to me this (today) was just a hiccup. A very strenuous hiccup, particularly for their staff and us support personnel who run small businesses providing end user support - but hey, it's why I love this job. Today I saw something that I had never seen before - MB actually going ballistic.

Keeps the job fresh, no? *Tongue

johngalt, Jan 27, 2018
  12. swarfega Win User
    1.0.3805 has been released.

swarfega, Jan 27, 2018
  13. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Already this morning I'm at 1.0.3806.

Wiley Coyote, Jan 27, 2018
  14. swarfega Win User
    You have to hand it to them, working over the weekend.

swarfega, Jan 27, 2018
  15. Following a fiasco like this, that's the least they could do. Where I come from, whoever let that slip by would be available for employment elsewhere by now.

Wiley Coyote, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

1. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - @#$#%#^% Going Malwarebytes

2. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on?: Part of my touch pad isn't working, also says there is no internet. i can still use my browsers however, and am still connected to my wi-fi. The only parts to my touch pad not working is the mouse pad itself and the three buttons bellow it. The three buttons on top, however...
  3. What is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on?: OMG, I just got one MS Edge tab open. Can anyone explain what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-going-on/057cb06d-21cd-4320-85d4-4a86a4ad7148
  4. What is going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on: [ATTACH] Why does my task manager say my pc has been on for 16 days 5 hours and has 1602188 handles what ever that means I just recently bought this pc from PowerGPU and im not sure whats going on....
  5. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  7. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  8. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  9. Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?

Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?: I have used MB free for some years now. I will use it to scan mostly downloads. I have also always had an AV or Internet Security app running in real time. Right now I have Bitdefender Total Security. I also have Acronis True Image installed which has it's own real time...
  10. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...