Windows 10: What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Discus and support What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This isn't a "one off" problem for me. My problems started Months ago, possibly mid September or early October of last year. Since I use IE a lot and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Bat 1 Win User

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

This isn't a "one off" problem for me. My problems started Months ago, possibly mid September or early October of last year. Since I use IE a lot and I'm running Win 8.1 as my daily driver, prolly not a lot of other users had the problem. At first it was a gradually worsening slowdown with File Explorer and IE. Somewhere around 2 Months back IE took a dive and started taking 15 seconds or more to launch. So naturally I just assumed it was another bad update from Microsoft.

I'm sure I spent over 100 hours trying to solve the slowdown. Multiple cloned copies to try repair and refresh installs, and nothing worked. When I upgraded(sic) one copy to Win 10 I had the "normal" high CPU and Disk usage but for some unknown reason the SSD got so hot that I had to shut down to prevent damage to my laptop. Pretty sure I did damage the SSD and I'll dock it and check when I get a chance.

Then imagine my surprise when I uninstalled Malwarebytes yesterday and both the File and IE Explorer problems were gone. I reinstalled Malwarebytes last night and there was a slight slowdown with IE but nothing I can't live with for now. If the problems come back I'll have no choice but to uninstall Malwarebytes again, Problem is I invested in Lifetime Licenses on all my Puters several years ago since I go to less than reputable Sites on a regular basis *Sad

Bat 1, Jan 27, 2018
  2. MoabUtah Win User

For me I'm at 1.0.3807 *Smile

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes [​IMG]

MoabUtah, Jan 27, 2018
  3. And mine just updated to 1.0.3807.

Whatever went wrong, I'm still enjoying some little subtle differences in behavior on here. Most noticeably Edge will go to a site and open to a blank page there. Refreshing works, but it's repeatable and seems to be gradually improving. Maybe dump all caches and run CCleaner a time or two. We'll see ...

Wiley Coyote, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Mr Ed Win User

What is the competition for MBAM?
    IOW, what"s a good subsititution for MBAM?

Mr Ed, Jan 28, 2018
  5. essenbe Win User
    What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes [​IMG]

essenbe, Jan 28, 2018
  6. johngalt Win User
    It continually updates. 3817 currently.

johngalt, Jan 29, 2018
  7. Hi,
    32gb's of ram I never hardly noticed except overclock.net was slow when I scrolled pages
    They just added a boat load of new adds so I figured it was site bloat until I read the news post yesterday here *Smile

ThrashZone, Jan 29, 2018
  8. johngalt Win User

We already had a user with 64 GB state that he had over 53 GB RAM usage.

And if your machine doesn't stay on and connected to the Internet all the time, then you'll only have been affected starting from when your machine downloaded the malformed update to when the next update that fixed it was received.

For example, Let's say the update was pushed out at 7 AM EST. And let's say that the fix was pushed out at noon EST.

Then, if you woke up and turned your machine on at 11:30, you'll probably not have seen much action at all.

But someone like me, whose machine remained on all night, connected to the net, and able to perform scans and updates overnight, I found my machine fully hose as soon as I woke up.

johngalt, Jan 29, 2018
  9. essenbe Win User
    Overclock net is slow because it takes a while to load the additional 100 ads per page they added.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2018
  10. johngalt Win User
    Yeah, I had their forums open in a container (in Fx) along with all these other forum pages, but it was killing me so I closed it - I figure I can open it every once in a while when I need to....

johngalt, Jan 29, 2018
  11. Hi,
    There's tools for that stuff that work like a charm *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 29, 2018
  12. lx07 Win User
    What is the first rule of ad club?

13. johngalt Win User

Uhhh, that there isn't one.

johngalt, Jan 29, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    Exactly! Its the rules man!

Anyone buy a flamethrower today incidentally? I missed the hats...

15. Hi,
    My go to tool doesn't have "ad" in it's name
    It does have a U..... Origin in it though *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - @#$#%#^% Going Malwarebytes

2. What's going on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's going on?: We've had some major changes with our system at our firm, including a new server and new computers. We're using Microsoft 365 with Windows 10. Here's the issue: In Word, we include graphs from Excel for our newsletter. When we print batches, Word is sporadically reading...
  3. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  4. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  5. What is going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on?: So, ever since i got my Windows 10 Computer, i have been using a lot. At one point i got a virus but i cleared it off. Anyways there's something else weird with my computer too, and it will happen randomly. For example, i got on to my Laptop like a week or two ago and i went...
  6. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  7. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  8. Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?

Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?: I have used MB free for some years now. I will use it to scan mostly downloads. I have also always had an AV or Internet Security app running in real time. Right now I have Bitdefender Total Security. I also have Acronis True Image installed which has it's own real time...
  9. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...
  10. What's Going On

in Browsers and Email
    What's Going On: What is going on recently with Widows 10 and slow internet? At first last week it was Google Chrome, now it's Firefox and Edge. No matter what browser I'm using it's still the same. When using my tablet and cel via WiFi everything is working normal. I've scoured the internet...