Windows 10: What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Discus and support What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Exactly! Its the rules man! Anyone buy a flamethrower today incidentally? I missed the hats... Dude from Jerry Rig Everything got 2. Tweeted about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Jan 26, 2018.

1. johngalt Win User

What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Dude from Jerry Rig Everything got 2. Tweeted about it. Kinda funny actually...

johngalt, Jan 29, 2018
  2. lx07 Win User

I always thought he was an idiot. I'm changing my tune lately - he makes me smile.

3. Mr Ed Win User
    OK, I found a substitute for MBAM. I've used it before: Superantispyware (free addition). It appears to work pretty good, not sure yet if it will turn out to be a good substitute. I'll no doubt scan with MBAM in addition to Superantispyware.

Mr Ed, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Bat 1 Win User

I had planned on posting Malwarebytes doesn't have competition *Smile then I saw you added substitute. SuperAntiSpyware IMHO is very good at finding PuPs in the temp files, plus the added benefit of removing the Tracking Cookies. as an alternative to Malwarebytes I found Zemana Zemana Anti-Malware | Advanced Malware Removal Software to work quite well. Very fast and light on resources, problem was they apparently don't know how to use a calendar and my Free 1 Year Subscription ended in 4 Months. *Sad

Bat 1, Jan 30, 2018
  5. MBAM provides way more protection that SAS and its not even close.

Digmor Crusher, Jan 30, 2018
  6. clam1952 Win User
    No harm in having a second opinion though, Malwarebytes is not infallible, I have SAS as a standby.

clam1952, Jan 30, 2018
  7. Mr Ed Win User
    . I suspect that Superantispyware detects other things, over and beyond MBAM, whereas MBAM is geared to detect certain other issues. So, perhaps the two programs compliment each other.

Mr Ed, Jan 31, 2018
  8. f14tomcat Win User

SAS is basically a good Cookie Monster. It is not, and is not touted to be, an AV, exploit protector, or web protector. They complement, but are in 2 different classes. I use them together. One does not, cannot, replace the other.

f14tomcat, Jan 31, 2018
  9. kbz1960 Win User
    They do. I use both free additions. One finds things the other doesn't.

kbz1960, Jan 31, 2018
  10. Bat 1 Win User
    Running both is also what I do as well. When I didn't have a choice of download locations and was forced to use CNet *Devil I did find that SAS would usually detect the "lagniappe" (Cajun for a little something extra) that CNet included *Mad sometimes Days before Malwarebytes would.

Bat 1, Jan 31, 2018
  11. swarfega Win User
    You cant really compare MBM and SAS. Two different programs. One detects malware and other nasties, SAS mainly deals with malicious cookies. I use both, though I only have SAS as second opinion.

swarfega, Jan 31, 2018
  12. johngalt Win User
    Hey, digmor, didn't know you were here as well (assuming you're the same from MB forums with Irisa as your avatar)!

However, I have to say that they're not really in the same class as each other....

^^^^ This. And the few posts above it as well.

johngalt, Jan 31, 2018
  13. munk1955 Win User

I guess after reading through all this I consider myself lucky to not use MBAM but as we all know nothing is perfect.

What I use besides WD & Comodo firewall is about once a month I use SAS & F-Secure and have been very happy with both.....One thing people have to remember if they use these two are with SAS is if you use the free version every time you scan you have to remember to update the definitions because it will not do it automatically but F-Secure will every time it starts.

Hope everybody gets their MBAM problems fixed......Cheers!

One thing I forgot to mention is I also use Sandboxie for all my browsers!

munk1955, Jan 31, 2018
  14. Hi John, yes its me, one of a few forums I partake in, don't post on here too often though.

Digmor Crusher, Jan 31, 2018
  15. Mr Ed Win User
    OP here. I'm in agreement that both MBAM and SAS aren't in the same class, but serve their original purposes well. I'm gonna look into F Secure as well. Thanks for all your input.

Mr Ed, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

1. What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - @#$#%#^% Going Malwarebytes

2. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on?: Part of my touch pad isn't working, also says there is no internet. i can still use my browsers however, and am still connected to my wi-fi. The only parts to my touch pad not working is the mouse pad itself and the three buttons bellow it. The three buttons on top, however...
  3. What is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on?: OMG, I just got one MS Edge tab open. Can anyone explain what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-going-on/057cb06d-21cd-4320-85d4-4a86a4ad7148
  4. What is going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on: [ATTACH] Why does my task manager say my pc has been on for 16 days 5 hours and has 1602188 handles what ever that means I just recently bought this pc from PowerGPU and im not sure whats going on....
  5. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  7. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  8. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  9. Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?

Is Malwarebytes Premium Redundant With What I Have Going On?: I have used MB free for some years now. I will use it to scan mostly downloads. I have also always had an AV or Internet Security app running in real time. Right now I have Bitdefender Total Security. I also have Acronis True Image installed which has it's own real time...
  10. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...