Windows 10: What the **** Microsoft

Discus and support What the **** Microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 in the last year has done nothing but piss me off. 1. Youtube videos start playing in the background when I start my computer because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daarkblood, Jan 11, 2019.

1. What the **** Microsoft

Windows 10 in the last year has done nothing but piss me off.

1. Youtube videos start playing in the background when I start my computer because it was the last thing I was doing before I shut the computer down. Why? I know its part of the creators update but it isnt appreciated by any means. When I shut down my computer I expect the system to restart without launching any programs I haven't already programmed myself to launch on startup.

2. The force updating is going way over the line. Before this aggressive update was implemented I would wait a month for large updates and do research to any update prior to installing it. This ensured that it wouldn't break my system, DELETE MY FILES, or cause drivers to fail. I specifically set the computer to not update without my permission and yet the computer wakes up 20 minutes after I put it to sleep and proceeds with updates I did not authorize.

3. I understand telemetry is to "help improve windows" but for some of us, we want to have ultimate control of our system. It's the reason we have Windows initially as opposed to Mac because of their proprietary BS. Yet, every update I feel like I am less and less in control of my system. Parameters I can't change as the sole user and administrator of the computer. You'd think that, at the very least, Windows 10 Professional would give you these options. I'm not your average user.

4. Why make Cortana a part of the main system? Why isn't the assistant separate and removable from the system? Why are there programs (that I don't use or want) that can't be uninstalled? Software turning my microphone into an active listening device is not only intrusive but a security threat!

Windows 7 was an outstanding operating system. Windows 8 was a disaster. Windows 10, which I had initially thought was an AMAZING operating system, turned out to be the worst of any operating system that Microsoft has ever released.

I do appreciate the compatibility with 99% of the software and hardware out there, but this is far from being enough to compensate for the lack of control.

I even installed Arch Linux. Why? Because anything on that system is something I put there. And if I wanted to do ANYTHING with the system I can. The ONLY reason I have not completely swapped to my secondary Linux boot as my primary is because my hardware lacks drivers made for Linux and the operating system lacks support for gaming, even with wine and Steam's engine for game support.

The less control a person has over their own system (I built my own!), the number of people abandoning Windows will only increase.

Please for the love of modern computing, fix your issues Microsoft.

:)

Daarkblood, Jan 11, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 11, 2019
  4. What the **** Microsoft

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

What the **** Microsoft

1. What the **** Microsoft - Similar Threads - **** Microsoft

2. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  3. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  4. I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft: I have been in contact about this charge and no resolutionI need to talk to a representative not automated AI emails. Very frustrated scammed customer.Pat *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft

I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft: I have been in contact about this charge and no resolutionI need to talk to a representative not automated AI emails. Very frustrated scammed customer.Pat *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

9. HOW TO STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTE HACKING MY PC?

HOW TO STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTE HACKING MY PC?: HELLO FOR SOME REASON EVEN THOUGH I DISABLED ACCESS TO THE UPDATE SERVERS MICROSOFT HAS DECIDED TO HACK MY PC AND ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE TO INSTALL FILES WITHOUT PERMISSION. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?...
  10. HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?: I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BLOCK MICROSOFT FROM ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO HACK MY PC AND READ THROUGH MY FILES AND INSTALL UPDATES WITHOUT PERMISSION. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM BREAKING THE LAW AND USING MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? IT'S...