Windows 10: What the...?

Discus and support What the...? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting a sign that says: RO_TaskMgr Language file not found loading default language Immediately my PC goes nuts, zoom zooming up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pygmy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. pygmy Win User

What the...?

I'm getting a sign that says:

RO_TaskMgr

Language file not found loading default language

Immediately my PC goes nuts, zoom zooming up and down, scroll going crazy, etc. What is this thing and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help *Confused

:)

pygmy, Sep 11, 2016
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Sep 11, 2016
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Sep 11, 2016
  4. What the...?

I am having a similar problem except my PC doesn't exactly go nuts. I just get popups telling me the program (RS-TaskMgr?) cannot find the default language or some such BS. There is a folder Program Files \ Remo Optimizer and I am planning to delete all files from the directory to see if that will solve the problem. I do not recall ever installing Remo Optimizer (I don't usually mess with stuff like that), and neither Remo nor RS is listed in my Apps under Settings, Apps, Apps & Features. I'll try to check back and let you know or see if you have found anything.

Cadillac84, Oct 29, 2017
  5. Winuser Win User
    I tried Google and the best I can find is a problem with SpyHunter. This may help lead you in the right direction of were to start troubleshooting.

Winuser, Oct 29, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "There is a folder Program Files \ Remo Optimizer and I am planning to delete all files from the directory to see if that will solve the problem."

This is yet another junk system cleanup program, probably installed w/o your direct permission. Do not just delete the folder, as it probably has registry entries. Uninstall from Programs & features then download and run SUPERAntiSpyware Free from here, for a thorough cleaning, even Quick scan will be enough -
    SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads

mrgeek, Oct 29, 2017
  7. Don't expect Super Anti-Spyware to clean up the mess that's left after Windows Un-installs a program.
    It was NEVER designed to do that, but.... It's death on PUPs and tracking cookies!
    I run it daily on my own PC (professional version) to avoid the buildup of Tracking Cookies.

It takes a lot more than that!!!

I'd use the "Revo Uninstaller"* which will take out all the files, folders, and then scan the registry for left-over entries, and it will remove those too. It's the only program I've ever used which will do such a complete UN-Install of a program.
    * You can get a FREE version of Revo, or you can buy it, whichever you prefer. I use the FREE version and it works just great.

Remo Optimizer is just one more of a very long list of poorly written program that are supposed to fix everything on your PC and make it run faster. BS! They are not properly tested on different PC's running different OS's and quite often they will come into conflict with either the OS or some other installed software, especially AV and AS software.

I've tried many such programs over the years, and I usually wind up doing a Restore of a recent Backup image file, to restore my PC to full functionality.

Good Luck,
    *Cool

PS: I found this on the internet when I did a search for Remo Optimizer.

How to uninstall Remo Optimizer software?

Like any other software on your Windows PC, you could uninstall Remo Optimizer software in just few clicks.

Steps to uninstall Remo Optimizer software:

• Click on “Start” menu and go to the Control Panel.
    • Click on “Programs and Features” option.
    • From the list of programs, search and locate Remo Optimizer and right click on it.
    • A drop down menu will appear, select Uninstall option from it.
    • Confirmation message pops up, Click “Yes” to confirm removal of the application.
    • Un-installation process will begin and once done you will receive confirmation message.
    • Click “OK” and restart your PC.

TechnoMage, Oct 30, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

What the...?

I use Revo too but most unsophisticated users will find the registry deep scan too tough to navigate, as to what is ok to delete or not. SUPERAnti will identify PUPs right off the bat and do a no brainer cleaning. Matter of what User is comfy with.

mrgeek, Oct 30, 2017
  9. Hi,
    Sounds like a refresh install is soon to come :/

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What the...?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ro_taskmgr language file not found