Windows 10: What these audits logs in event viewer?

Discus and support What these audits logs in event viewer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My audit logs seems to be all turned off: [ATTACH] I would like some explanation on these why am I seeing "logon" events if they are turned off?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David_533HC, Oct 25, 2020.

1. What these audits logs in event viewer?

My audit logs seems to be all turned off:

What these audits logs in event viewer? 92369c92-f46d-4456-a6db-0a74e4da889d?upload=true.png

I would like some explanation on these why am I seeing "logon" events if they are turned off?

What these audits logs in event viewer? 209f2354-684f-44ef-acdc-7b721d3fc412?upload=true.png

Can we turn these on / off and how?

PS: I understand turning these off are probably idea, but since I am researching under security so I would I like to do some tests.

:)

David_533HC, Oct 25, 2020

2. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

I did make some progress in that I can disable the Audit Failure from being logged with the Event Viewer.

Go to Command Promp (Admin) and enter:

auditpol /set /subcategory:”Filtering Platform Connection” /success:disable /failure:disable

Caveat: Someone posted that the Audit Failure will likely return the next day.

Plus this is tantamount to replacing a fuse without fixing the underlying problem which is causing the fuse to blow.

Still hoping an Event Viewer / "Filtering Platform Connection" guru will chime in.

sdmike1974, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 25, 2020
  4. What these audits logs in event viewer?

Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled
    Object Access auditing and are already seeing Handle Manipulation events (i.e. event id 4656) flooding our Security log even though we have not configured auditing at the file level for ANY of the files in question.
    A lot of forums mention disabling Audit File System and Audit Handle Manipulation events to ensure the 4656 events do not flood the Security log; however, we want to be able to see these events for the files that we configure auditing for (at the
    file level), but not for any other files which were not configured for auditing at the file level.
    We do not have Global Object Access Auditing configured.

iggygatton, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

What these audits logs in event viewer?

1. What these audits logs in event viewer? - Similar Threads - audits logs event

2. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  3. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  4. Microsoft Audit policy event viewer performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Audit policy event viewer performance: Hello, we want to open the parameters under Audit local policy in our windows server systems, but we are afraid that it will bring too much load on the system side.Does it cause too much swelling on the event viewer? This situation keeps the log as 20mb to you by default...
  5. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  6. Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege: Hello, We are getting many Security Audit Failures in Event Viewer while livestreaming our church services. We notice it only does this on the Windows 10 Pro box not the Windows 10 Home. "Event 4673 A privileged service was called. Privileges: SeTcbPrivilege. Process Name:...
  7. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer: Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently. It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing...
  8. Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer: Since the PC upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.191, the event log on start up repeatedly gives the three different audit failures below. I have managed to clear all the other problems the event log has displayed but with these three I am at a lost as to the...
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061: I continue to get this event in the Event Log under Audit Failure. I never had in Windows 8.1 and it started after upgrading to 10. Does anyone have a clue about it? Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: xxxx Account Domain: xxxx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com