Windows 10: What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ?

Discus and support What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to back up all of my settings my installed programs and logins in them my taskbar layout , is there a way to do it submitted by /u/axatb99... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/axatb99, Jul 28, 2020.

1. What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ?

I wanted to back up all of my settings my installed programs and logins in them my taskbar layout , is there a way to do it

submitted by /u/axatb99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/axatb99, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Files Not Backed Up

Hi,

Error code 0x80070002 may happen due to system file corruption. It can also affect a certain Windows functionality when backing up system files. For us to determine what's causing this error, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• Are you attempting to backup to an external drive?

• What is the size of the file that you are trying to backup?

• What is the free space available on the external drive?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 28, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ?

Backing things up

I've had problem with windows backup...as it will only allow you to bring back some files and settings if windows needs to be reinstalled...anything with a DRM or almost everything will have to be reinstalled as new...so if you want a mirror backup RAID1 is the way to go...

If it's not all that important then Windows backup is the way to go.

jmcslob, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ?

1. What things (files ) does windows backup makes back up of ? - Similar Threads - things files does

2. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  3. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  4. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  6. Does a windows backup truly back up all your files?

Does a windows backup truly back up all your files?: I have 2 drives on my computer, C and D. Over the two drives, I have used about 430 GB. When I did a windows backup, the backup was a total of 144 GB. How is it possible for the backup to be so much smaller than the data on my drives? Additionally, when I am in the...
  7. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...: I recently removed the Bluestacks app from my Win 10 (1903) x64 machine. I am using the Window 7 Backup and restore options to do daily incremental backups. After I removed the app I started to get the following error from skipping the following files. Backup encountered a...
  8. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files: Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files? I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused space, but it won't allow me saying it should at least be 460 GB free. I already backed up the files separately. I just want...
  9. Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files: External Drive When I set up an external backup on my new laptop and run like I did on my former PC, the following occurs: Documents (folder) - 0 content Music (folder) - has content Pictures (folder) - 0 content Videos (folder - has content PC drive Upon checking...
  10. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...: I KEEP GETTING THIS MESSAGE AFTER BACKUP,,,,ITS NOT A 32 SYSTEM ITS 64 ,,WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AND I HAVE NEVER HAD WINDOWS 7 ON THIS COMPUTER Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...