Windows 10: What this python process and it is using my CPU

Discus and support What this python process and it is using my CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday after udating to 21H1 January Cumulative Update i seen this process in my task manager and it used 50%CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Đào Thịnh, Jan 14, 2022.

1. What this python process and it is using my CPU

Yesterday after udating to 21H1 January Cumulative Update i seen this process in my task manager and it used 50%CPU

:)

Đào Thịnh, Jan 14, 2022

2. Made a Mistake with Python

I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings.

Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I installed Python 3.5.4.3504. It shows up in the app list in Settings.\

I then figured out I didn't need Python because I was not going to use the standalone DeDRM removal app but just the DeDRM removcal plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall Python 3.5.4.3504.

I then remembered about the earlier Python install and was wondering if the new Python installation had maybe overwritten the earlier one. Since I need Python for Veracrypt to work, I decided to cancel uninstalling. For the last half hour, I have been looking at at the Python popup saying "canceling" and the cursor showing an hourglass.

1. Is it likely that Python 3.5.4.3504 replaced the previously installed Python ?

2. Was it a mistake to cancel uninstalling? If yes, what should I have done?

EDIT: I restarted and Python 3.5.4.3504 is still installed. VeraCrypt works. I still would like to know why after I canceled uninstalling, the canceling process would not stop.

battlezone, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Jan 14, 2022
  4. GNJha Win User

What this python process and it is using my CPU

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

What this python process and it is using my CPU

1. What this python process and it is using my CPU - Similar Threads - python process using

2. Hidden process uses 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process uses 100% of CPU: I left my laptop for some time and when went back on it while it was blacked out but not asleep, I heard loud fan noise. I quickly opened task manager and found a process called "CPU process" then it immediately closed, and the fan noise disappeared. That process was using...
  3. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  4. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Process with 0% CPU what goes on?: Hi all,I have a laptop with Win10 Home which I am using to run some computations very simple but very time consuming with a program written by me: it runs in a dos window and sends some data to the window and to a file, very simple, I am sure it works perfectly because I am...
  5. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process with 0% CPU what goes on?: Hi all,I have a laptop with Win10 Home which I am using to run some computations very simple but very time consuming with a program written by me: it runs in a dos window and sends some data to the window and to a file, very simple, I am sure it works perfectly because I am...
  6. Process with 0% CPU what goes on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What this python process and it is using my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What this python process and it is using my CPU: Yesterday after udating to 21H1 January Cumulative Update i seen this process in my task manager and it used 50%CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-this-python-process-and-it-is-using-my-cpu/6fa7adcb-88b0-48ea-9066-888722565e3e
  8. What this python process and it is using my CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What this python process and it is using my CPU: Yesterday after udating to 21H1 January Cumulative Update i seen this process in my task manager and it used 50%CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-this-python-process-and-it-is-using-my-cpu/6fa7adcb-88b0-48ea-9066-888722565e3e
  9. What are these Microsoft processes often using 100% of my CPU, memory and hard drive for?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are these Microsoft processes often using 100% of my CPU, memory and hard drive for?: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Runtime Broker Windows Shell Experience Host Search wsappx ntoskrnl The abovementioned apps, along with several other Microsoft processes, frequently slow down my computer, using 100% of my cpu, memory, or hard drive depending on the...
  10. [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?: [img] it does appear to have a directory in the FS i am confused 76878

Users found this page by searching for:

1. python windows 10 cpu 100%

2. i cannot dedrm