Windows 10: What to do after a full wipe

Discus and support What to do after a full wipe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/helpmeimvconfused, Jun 8, 2020.

1. What to do after a full wipe

I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the hardware.

Originally I was going to do a small one and keep my files but it blue screened 6 times when just powering on without resetting so I decided to fully reset it.

I've never really done this before, so what's there going to be to do after the reset?

Also, how long will it take? Its been about two hours and its at 7% :') its an Envy Phoenix from a few years back.

Also sorry if I dont use the right terminology

submitted by /u/helpmeimvconfused
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/helpmeimvconfused, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

What to do after a full wipe [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jun 8, 2020
  4. What to do after a full wipe

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

What to do after a full wipe

1. What to do after a full wipe - Similar Threads - full wipe

2. windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent: hi, i recently installed windows on a new ssd, and i notice that the color around the icons is gone in full screen start only google chrome has color. i haven't found any help with this issue, i tried switching everything on personalization but nothing. when i drag and move...
  3. Windows 10 a tiny edge of the Snip and Sketch UI is visible at the uppermost part of a full...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 a tiny edge of the Snip and Sketch UI is visible at the uppermost part of a full...: [ATTACH] A portion of Snip & Sketch visible in a full screen capture submitted by /u/TronitusVIII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjgfod/windows_10_a_tiny_edge_of_the_snip_and_sketch_ui/
  4. DRIVE C FULL. USED CLEAN UP - NO IMPROVEMENT. HOW TO MOVE STUFF FROM C TO D, SAFELY?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DRIVE C FULL. USED CLEAN UP - NO IMPROVEMENT. HOW TO MOVE STUFF FROM C TO D, SAFELY?: DRIVE C FULL. USED CLEAN UP - NO IMPROVEMENT. HOW TO MOVE STUFF FROM C TO D, SAFELY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-full-used-clean-up-no-improvement-how-to/ef7775e0-393e-42fa-9e3b-98f496f5e235
  5. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games that run in full screen keep minimizing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game such as minecraft or call of duty, the game opens for a second or two and then minimizes. when I try to click on it on the...
  6. How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?: Hi, everyone I hope to deny the full control permission of administrator account on registry key named as "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard". I have some failed PowerShell command codes, please you correct them. Thanks a lot. The failed PowerShell command codes as following....
  7. Unable to download Minecraft Full version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Minecraft Full version: i have minecraft windows 10 full version in ms store but when i try to install it,it gives me the trail version.Pls help!! ***Modified title from: about the download***...
  8. How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is Windows able to track my previous Win10 installation after a full wipe?: I recently formatted my drive and clean installed Windows, and after the new installation, Windows still shows some apps from the Microsoft Store as being purchased on older dates, from the previous installation. Mind you, I never signed in to Microsoft Store in the previous...
  9. Not able to do the installation after a full computer wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to do the installation after a full computer wipe: So i recently reset one of the company machines getting it ready for a new employee, but I seem to be unable to set it up afterwards. I go through the process (language, timezone, keyboard) and click next. It loads for around 10 minutes, then it restarts and gives me this...
  10. Windows 10 corruption returns after full wipe and reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 corruption returns after full wipe and reinstall: I got a new Alienware Aurora R7 late July this year, and just recently started having trouble with the graphics cards not working and updates not installing and so on. After a 3 hour call with Dell support I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 on a hard drive from another...