Windows 10: What to do after a full wipe

Discus and support What to do after a full wipe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/helpmeimvconfused, Jun 8, 2020.

1. What to do after a full wipe

I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the hardware.

Originally I was going to do a small one and keep my files but it blue screened 6 times when just powering on without resetting so I decided to fully reset it.

I've never really done this before, so what's there going to be to do after the reset?

Also, how long will it take? Its been about two hours and its at 7% :') its an Envy Phoenix from a few years back.

Also sorry if I dont use the right terminology

submitted by /u/helpmeimvconfused
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/helpmeimvconfused, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

What to do after a full wipe [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jun 8, 2020
  4. What to do after a full wipe

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

What to do after a full wipe

1. What to do after a full wipe - Similar Threads - full wipe

2. Cannot full wipe pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot full wipe pc: I recently attempted to deepwipe my pc. After wiping user 1 still remains on the computer but i cannot log in due to the account not being found. I've attempted to wipe again but it led me back right to where i was before. Pls help, this computer was gifted to me so I do not...
  3. Cannot full wipe pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot full wipe pc: I recently attempted to deepwipe my pc. After wiping user 1 still remains on the computer but i cannot log in due to the account not being found. I've attempted to wipe again but it led me back right to where i was before. Pls help, this computer was gifted to me so I do not...
  4. Updated Windows 10 on laptop which required full wipe. Now, I can't log in using Windows...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Updated Windows 10 on laptop which required full wipe. Now, I can't log in using Windows...: First - I know very little about this stuff. Be patient and kind. I can not find an original Windows disc. It came preinstalled when I bought it several years ago and I don't recall getting a disc with it. I had to do a Windows 10 update on my laptop and it said I had to do a...
  5. Updated Windows 10 on laptop which required full wipe. Now, I can't log in using Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Windows 10 on laptop which required full wipe. Now, I can't log in using Windows...: First - I know very little about this stuff. Be patient and kind. I can not find an original Windows disc. It came preinstalled when I bought it several years ago and I don't recall getting a disc with it. I had to do a Windows 10 update on my laptop and it said I had to do a...
  6. Updated Windows 10 on laptop which required full wipe. Now, I can't log in using Windows...

7. How do I get rid of Defaultuser0 after a full reset which wipes everything ?

How do I get rid of Defaultuser0 after a full reset which wipes everything ?: I did a full clean the drive reset of my laptop. However, I can’t log into my laptop as the only user there is Defaultuser0 which doesn’t have a password and I can’t change it either. I’ve tried multiple times to reset my laptop still defaultuser0 still comes up or my laptop...
  8. How do I get rid of Defaultuser0 after a full reset which wipes everything ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Defaultuser0 after a full reset which wipes everything ?: I did a full clean the drive reset of my laptop. However, I can’t log into my laptop as the only user there is Defaultuser0 which doesn’t have a password and I can’t change it either. I’ve tried multiple times to reset my laptop still defaultuser0 still comes up or my laptop...
  9. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  10. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...