Windows 10: What to do after renaming the user profile name ?

Discus and support What to do after renaming the user profile name ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Initially i named my pc with space "firstname lastname" . I figured i should change it. After changing the name , i have problems running python and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_name_given, Aug 8, 2020.

1. What to do after renaming the user profile name ?

Initially i named my pc with space "firstname lastname" . I figured i should change it. After changing the name , i have problems running python and other programs which initially had the path with name with space . I tried changing the path manually in the environment variables but to no yield. What should i do now?

submitted by /u/user_name_given
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_name_given, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 8, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

What to do after renaming the user profile name ?

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

What to do after renaming the user profile name ?

1. What to do after renaming the user profile name ? - Similar Threads - renaming user profile

2. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  4. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Profile Name by Default

User Profile Name by Default: Hi everyone, my Microsoft email id is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, when on clean install i enter this email to login the user profile name under " C:\user\mail2 " shows like this.I want to know is there a way to change this " C:\user\mail2 " to " C:\user\...
  6. Windows profile user name

Windows profile user name: I have noticed that the user profile name in C:\Users is the 1st 5 chars of the MS account. In our family, we have 2 person whos MS account have the same 1st 5 chars. Would this cause problems if I add these 2 accounts? Is it possible to make the profile name as the 1st 10...
  7. Rename C:/Users/<name>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename C:/Users/<name>: How do I rename the above specified directory? I changed it through registry editor but after that my start menu failed and I've reset my PC. Please help me out with this submitted by /u/HarishRaj21 [link] [comments]...
  8. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  9. Renaming user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming user profile: My User Profile was created during the building of the computer by a 3rd party and now appears as C:\Users\OEM.DESKTOP-V87UE3B. How can I change this to reflect my name etc chux 120766
  10. User Profile Name Change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Name Change: how do i change my user profile name from "quadr" to my name "Patrick"? for some reason, when i clean installed, it set up my user profile like that instead of my name... 9824