Windows 10: What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back

Discus and support What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, While viewing photos in Microsoft photos app, with photos there were some emojis type images from program file were coming. in order to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RakeshPanchal2, Sep 1, 2019.

1. What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back

Hi,

While viewing photos in Microsoft photos app, with photos there were some emojis type images from program file were coming.

in order to get rid of that I did reset the app using setting -app- Microsoft photo app - advance -RESET

after this when I am trying to open the photo app, it’s asking for signin again, and I am not able to see the old albums I had before.

did this RESET erased all photos and albums ? It had last 5 years photos and videos

Is there any way I can retrieve that albums back ?

Please help

:)

RakeshPanchal2, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Sep 1, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 1, 2019
  4. What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back

photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back

1. What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back - Similar Threads - RESET Microsoft photo

2. Can't get back albums in microsoft photos application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get back albums in microsoft photos application: After the most recent google photos update I opened up the application to see that all of my albums were gone. After going around looking around a bit I found the "add my albums from photos legacy" option. I was hoping this option would be my savior but I was severely...
  3. Can't get back albums in microsoft photos application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get back albums in microsoft photos application: After the most recent google photos update I opened up the application to see that all of my albums were gone. After going around looking around a bit I found the "add my albums from photos legacy" option. I was hoping this option would be my savior but I was severely...
  4. Can't get back albums in microsoft photos application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  6. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  7. How to add albums back to Photos app?

How to add albums back to Photos app?: Hi, While viewing photos in Microsoft photos app, with photos there were some emojis type images from program file were coming. in order to get rid of that I did reset the app using setting -app- Microsoft photo app - advance -RESET after this when I am trying to open...
  8. Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app: I have windows 10. I was using the Photos app trying to create an album, when every time I clicked "Create" the Photos app crashed. I went to the Photos App Settings and selected "Reset". The Reset says,"If the app isn't working right, we can try and repair it. THE APPS DATA...
  9. Photos app loosing albums

Photos app loosing albums: I recently had to uninstall 1809 due to major problems, Microsoft Techs did a clean install of 1803, as a result I've lost all my 200+ albums I had in the photos app. They still exist in OneDrive, is there any way to restore them in the Photos app?...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...