Windows 10: What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently...

Discus and support What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear M/S,By unknowingly, I have deleted permanently a few files and folders with administrative permission from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\'. I use Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MUKUNDBADE1, Aug 3, 2021.

1. What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently...

Dear M/S,By unknowingly, I have deleted permanently a few files and folders with administrative permission from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\'. I use Windows 10 and ALL IN ONE HP PC.Please suggest to me if it affects my system after restart? If 'Yes', please suggest to me how to rectify it? Waiting for your suggestions and till that I am not going to shut down the PC.Thanks in advance,Best wishes,

:)

MUKUNDBADE1, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 3, 2021
  3. C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\InFlight EMPTY FOLDERS

I have run Disk Cleanup for System Files already a few times and it has done nothing to delete the 4400+ empty folders in C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\InFlight. I know enough to never delete even a single file in the Windows folder. What about completely empty
    folders though? Does Windows use the names or metadata of empty folders for system tasks in some sort of weird, poorly-programmed way?

MikeMike123, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Ken Blake Win User

What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently...

Is it safe to delete the Temp folder in C:/Windows/Temp?

Yes, all *files* in the temp folder (not the folder itself) can, and should be, deleted periodically.

The temp folder provides workspace for programs. Programs can create temporary files there for their own temporary use. Each program should delete all its temporary files when it closes, but for various reasons it doesn't always happen (for example,
    if the program crashes, it never gets to do this). That's why it's a good idea to periodically clean out anything left there.

Also note that there are some program installations which work in two steps. The first step concludes by writing temporary files and rebooting. The second step starts automatically after rebooting and needs to find those files there (and then deletes
    them when it's done).

Other than doing it automatically when rebooting (that would interfere with installations like the kind I described), it's always safe to delete the contents of the temp folder. Because it's safe to delete any temp files that aren't open and in use
    by an application, and since Windows won't let you delete open files, it's safe to (try to) delete them at any time. If any fail to delete because they're open, they'll either be deleted automatically when the app using them closes, or you'll get them the
    next time you delete manually.

Some people may suggest that you reboot before deleting anything, but that's not necessary, for the reason described above (on the other hand, it doesn't hurt to do it).

Ken Blake, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently...

1. What to do as few folders and files from 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\temp' are deleted permanently... - Similar Threads - few folders files

2. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files: There's only one other mention of this problem, but the replies shrug off the problem with no real acknowledgement to how serious a flaw this is. If you create a new folder and paste files from an external device phone, camera, then hit undo, it'll undo the creation of the...
  3. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files: There's only one other mention of this problem, but the replies shrug off the problem with no real acknowledgement to how serious a flaw this is. If you create a new folder and paste files from an external device phone, camera, then hit undo, it'll undo the creation of the...
  4. Undo New Folder Permanently Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permanently deleted files from OneDrive Folder Desktop, Documents...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently deleted files from OneDrive Folder Desktop, Documents...: Hi,today I was clearing my PC folders. I noticed that in the OneDrive foldere there was an exact copy of many files of my PC, that were taking HardDisk space. So i deleted them, but it wouldn't allow me to move those files to the RecycleBin. So i tried with Shift + Canc , and...
  6. Permanently deleted files from OneDrive Folder Desktop, Documents...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently deleted files from OneDrive Folder Desktop, Documents...: Hi,today I was clearing my PC folders. I noticed that in the OneDrive foldere there was an exact copy of many files of my PC, that were taking HardDisk space. So i deleted them, but it wouldn't allow me to move those files to the RecycleBin. So i tried with Shift + Canc , and...
  7. What are these few files on the top in the drive (C:) ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these few files on the top in the drive (C:) ?: [ATTACH] Is it safe to delete those files ? https://preview.redd.it/j7xjdz57dhh61.png?width=878&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c2bbabf3ea4c119a49a120b8025d933bddced3e submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  8. Names of permanently deleted files and folders.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Names of permanently deleted files and folders.: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...
  9. Names of permanently deleted files in current folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Names of permanently deleted files in current folder: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...
  10. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...