Windows 10: what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

Discus and support what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian Chester Cataluña, Feb 29, 2024.

1. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still black, just black screen. please help mee

:)

Ian Chester Cataluña, Feb 29, 2024

2. Resetting PC followed by power outage equals disaster

Hello,

Recently attempted to reset my PC (windows 10 home) and apparently there was a power outage while I was away.

I downloaded the "Media Creation Tool" and using a brand new flash drive it was not able to find the drive.

I then used RUFUS to burn the ISO image onto the drive... however, when I attempted to start the computer it does not read the ISO or flash drive.

All I can get is the "Preparing" and then the error telling me there was a power outage.

Charlie Kilo, Mar 1, 2024
  3. xxx123 Win User
    Power Outage or hardware?

Hi my pc: 10850K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming ( 2x8pin,2 separate pcie cables ) Asus Z490 Maximus I have an question. 5 days ago i had momentary power outage for brief moment,during launching Metro Exodus. Pc shuts off. When power back pc not booted itself. I just pressed reset button to turn on pc. In bios i have option RESTORE ON AC POWER - ON. Also when i cut power by pressing off BUTTON on power cord for second and then turning on ,pc shutdown but next it will booting itself on. Is any difference between brief brownout and turning off/on power in power cord? THanks. If that was momentary power outage why pc shutted down and not rebooted? Fliping switch OFF/ON in power cord makes pc reboot. Or just it was psu issue then?

xxx123, Mar 1, 2024
  4. IggSter Win User

what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

1. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc - Similar Threads - suddenly turns off

2. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?: My Window OS is stuck in the Loading Screen and kept on rebooting, as if it was stuck on a Limbo since All my files are deleted, I cannot use WindowsImageBackup on my empty drive and is stuck. What do I do?...
  3. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?: My Window OS is stuck in the Loading Screen and kept on rebooting, as if it was stuck on a Limbo since All my files are deleted, I cannot use WindowsImageBackup on my empty drive and is stuck. What do I do?...
  4. Factory Resetting and Reinstalling Windows but had a sudden Power Outage, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Turned off pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  6. Turned off pc while resetting

Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  7. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc: i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still black, just black screen. please help mee...
  8. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc: i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still black, just black screen. please help mee...
  9. PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!: What happen`s if you Restart PC while Factory Reset? I don`t have any USB or DVD! Thx, Greetings! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turned-off-during-factory-reset-what-to-do/9d7741b1-f0a4-4001-8dac-c4478323af72
  10. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...