Windows 10: what to do if my device dont have tpm

Discus and support what to do if my device dont have tpm in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dell inspiron 5558 with windows 10 home single language as my os - I am facing problems in finding tpm on my devive i tried various methods. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ayush chauhan2, Jun 12, 2024.

1. what to do if my device dont have tpm

I have a dell inspiron 5558 with windows 10 home single language as my os - I am facing problems in finding tpm on my devive i tried various methods. A screenshot is attached in this question of my command prompt.i have tried installing the admistrative templates, tried running gpedit.msc tooo still no gelp what to do to have tpm on my device

:)

ayush chauhan2, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Jun 12, 2024
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Sasqui Win User

what to do if my device dont have tpm

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

what to do if my device dont have tpm

1. what to do if my device dont have tpm - Similar Threads - device dont tpm

2. what to do if my device dont have tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if my device dont have tpm: I have a dell inspiron 5558 with windows 10 home single language as my os - I am facing problems in finding tpm on my devive i tried various methods. A screenshot is attached in this question of my command prompt.i have tried installing the admistrative templates, tried...
  3. what to do if my device dont have tpm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if my device dont have tpm: I have a dell inspiron 5558 with windows 10 home single language as my os - I am facing problems in finding tpm on my devive i tried various methods. A screenshot is attached in this question of my command prompt.i have tried installing the admistrative templates, tried...
  4. Health Check says i dont have tpm 2.0 enabled but I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Health Check says i dont have tpm 2.0 enabled but I do?: Hi everyone,Recently I got a new gpu, fully completing my pc and making my specs way over the minimum specs to get windows 11 and I have also turned on tpm 2.0 in my recently updated bios. However, the pc health check app says that i haven't got tpm 2.0 enabled and won't let...
  5. Health Check says i dont have tpm 2.0 enabled but I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Health Check says i dont have tpm 2.0 enabled but I do?: Hi everyone,Recently I got a new gpu, fully completing my pc and making my specs way over the minimum specs to get windows 11 and I have also turned on tpm 2.0 in my recently updated bios. However, the pc health check app says that i haven't got tpm 2.0 enabled and won't let...
  6. Health Check says i dont have tpm 2.0 enabled but I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm: I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i don't have a tpm then my computer didn't boot, so i turned off my computer and turned back on re entered the BIOS and disabled the Security Device Support and now my pc works fine. Will enabling the Security Device Support...
  8. I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm

I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm: I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm then my computer didnt boot, so i turned off my computer and turned back on re entered the BIOS and disabled the Security Device Support and now my pc works fine. Will enabling the Security Device Support in...
  9. I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm

I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm: I enabled Security Device Support in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm then my computer didnt boot, so i turned off my computer and turned back on re entered the BIOS and disabled the Security Device Support and now my pc works fine. Will enabling the Security Device Support in...
  10. enabling tpm in BIOS when i dont have a tpm

enabling tpm in BIOS when i dont have a tpm: i enabled tpm in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm then my computer didnt boot, so i turned off my computer and turned back on re entered the BIOS and disabled the tpm and now my pc works fine. Will enabling the tpm in my BIOS in the first place damage my PC in any way?...