Windows 10: What to do if restore doesn’t work?

Discus and support What to do if restore doesn’t work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]So a few minutes ago i needed to download an important file from the web,for a project(spoilers it turned out to be something dangerous,i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TersisWilvin, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

1. What to do if restore doesn’t work?

What to do if restore doesn’t work? 20489752-cce8-47e1-a6a3-01e09ed67ce3?upload=true.jpg So a few minutes ago i needed to download an important file from the web,for a project(spoilers it turned out to be something dangerous,i needed the program for a project)as i was downloading the file,it kept downloading more things i may not need on my laptop,i panic and turned off the laptop through the power button,but once turn it on,it showed automatic repair(i found the restore windows)but as a question,what can i do if windows cannot restore my files(and can it restore my apps to?) i am just wondering because i have alot of important things on my laptop(and yes its windows 10 pro)

:)

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

4. CyrrusV Win User

What to do if restore doesn’t work?

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

Thema:

What to do if restore doesn’t work?

1. What to do if restore doesn’t work? - Similar Threads - restore doesn’t

2. Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?: I am getting my dead Surface Go replaced under warranty. Now I have a complete Disc image of the old machine with bootable recovery media, I don't want to have to reinstall all my software and personal tweaks. I am concerned that about the windows key as it is stored in the...
  3. Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise: I have installed windows 10 on the machine and system restore is disabled ? is it by desgin that system restore is disabled and we would have to enable it via GPO or maually...
  4. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?: In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  5. Windows system restore - taking 2 hours plus ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows system restore - taking 2 hours plus ?: Tried a system restore on 2 occasions today. First session ran for over 2hrs with the screen saying "Please wait while etc etc". Read that if runs more than an hour it may be frozen and suggests a hard reset of the device. The second session is doing the same restoring for...
  6. how to restore my game after reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore my game after reinstalling windows?: how to restore my game (Windows Store game) and Apps after reinstalling windows? my game in D:/ My Windows Store Game: Forza Horizon 4 Another C:/ Game: GTA V, Apex Legends, and other...
  7. System Restore error 0x800705aa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore error 0x800705aa: Every time I attempt to run 'System Restore' from a valid(?) system restore point I get this message - [ATTACH] Is there any way I can correct this? I'm currently running Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.379) x64....
  8. how do I restore my screen size back to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I restore my screen size back to normal: is there a simple way to restore my screen size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-screen-size-back-to-normal/80df7a74-41c6-4242-ac0d-61b7229e7602
  9. Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?

Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?: I came across an old thread on here and elsewhere on the internet that discussed System Restore usage on an SSD. I am aware that Defragging shouldn't be done on SSD's as it will wear the SSD out a lot faster. I also know that Windows 10 is set up by default to Optimise the...
  10. Macrium Reflect 7 free - can't restore to different HDD

Macrium Reflect 7 free - can't restore to different HDD: I installed MR 7 free to my older MBR system and created a complete image of an old 7 home, etc. for testing. Saved it to a 2TB HDD and wish to restore to a 320GB HDD. The image is ~240GB(?). I cannot find an option anywhere to restore to a HDD other than the one the image...