Windows 10: what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening

Discus and support what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The settings in my laptop with windows 10 is not opening and I have to change my password. Kindly help me. Thankyou... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MANSIRAUTELA, Sep 21, 2018.

1. what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening

The settings in my laptop with windows 10 is not opening and I have to change my password. Kindly help me.

Thankyou

:)

MANSIRAUTELA, Sep 21, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 21, 2018
  4. angus Win User

what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening

1. what to do if the settings in windows10 isn't opening - Similar Threads - settings windows10 isn't

2. Notepad isn't opening. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad isn't opening. What should I do?: Each time I start my PC, when I open Notepad, It isn't opening, an error pops up.This is the error:I reinstall notepad from Microsoft store and It works, but after restarting my PC the error POPS UP ONCE AGAIN WHEN I OPEN NOTEPAD.Please help me.How do I fix this?...
  3. Notepad isn't opening. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad isn't opening. What should I do?: Each time I start my PC, when I open Notepad, It isn't opening, an error pops up.This is the error:I reinstall notepad from Microsoft store and It works, but after restarting my PC the error POPS UP ONCE AGAIN WHEN I OPEN NOTEPAD.Please help me.How do I fix this?...
  4. I can no longer open settings in Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer open settings in Windows10: I upgraded my Windows from Windows 10 to 11 before however I dont like it and I need to revert back to Windows 10. After that I have one problem which annoys me since I need to make some changes to my computer. I cant open settings anymore and it will just closed...
  5. I can no longer open settings in Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer open settings in Windows10: I upgraded my Windows from Windows 10 to 11 before however I dont like it and I need to revert back to Windows 10. After that I have one problem which annoys me since I need to make some changes to my computer. I cant open settings anymore and it will just closed...
  6. I can no longer open settings in Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. settings isn't opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    settings isn't opening.: When I try opening settings it comes up for a second then just closes its self. does anyone know how to solve this? submitted by /u/jammy_dodger3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj68wy/settings_isnt_opening/
  8. Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.

Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.: Yeah, it's not working with all the methods that were recommended, such as making a new admin user, resetting it through powershell and so on. I can't even open App Settings to fix it either. I don't know if it was me turning on 2-step authentication, but i'm starting to...
  9. Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10

Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10: I can't open the Display settings or System Settings on my laptop. Upon clicking in the button, the program seems to open but it suddenly quits. Fixes I already tried: - Reset the Setting App - Uninstall all monitor, graphic devices and reinstalled new drivers - Create...
  10. settings does not open what should i do ?

settings does not open what should i do ?: settings does not open what should i do ? it opens for just few scounds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-does-not-open-what-should-i-do/b0e46aa8-3a38-4547-8ede-c3390c87920f